Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

35 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Looking forward to tonight's test against the Spurs... IF AG can slow down LMA we could win. 

seems like a bad matchup for him. There's two different strategies I think we can play here. Either we run a soft double at him when he tries to take Gordon into the post or we just let Aldridge get whatever he can get while he's playing PF and focus more on stopping Murray/Green.

17 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

seems like a bad matchup for him. There's two different strategies I think we can play here. Either we run a soft double at him when he tries to take Gordon into the post or we just let Aldridge get whatever he can get while he's playing PF and focus more on stopping Murray/Green.

I'd go with the latter. AG is still good enough to keep it from being a huge night for him. I don't want anyone else going off regardless.

50 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

so this kinda screws up the "Gordon is bad for ball movement" narrative http://on.nba.com/2xtvi8d

It’s such a ridiculous thing. And I had it in mind while watching highlights from the Clips-Blazers game, and seeing how much time Griffin held onto the ball in comparison.

Gordon took over when no one else was getting buckets, but recognized when others were hitting again in the fourth. If anything, I’d say he wasn’t aggressive enough at the end of the game, but I can’t fault him for conserving energy when he’s also our best defensive player.

1 hour ago, Payton4thewin said:

I prefer plan B. Aldridge makes a lot of his money shooting turn arounds and tough stuff like that anyway so let him get his and don't let him kick to open 3 point shooters. Plus Aldridge guarding AG on the other end should be beneficial for us. Fournier/AG pick and roll could be really useful.

10 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

listen to the latest Game Theory with Sam Vecenie. lot of good magic talk.

also they start with the spurs so you get a bit of a game preview.

52 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

yeah its garbage analysis.

Fournier putting Payton on the trade block is one of the most stupid things I've ever heard.

2 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Fournier putting Payton on the trade block is one of the most stupid things I've ever heard.

Yeah, Fournier is not playing point. He just doesn't have the court vision/ passing ability/ ball handling skills.

Just now, Odin said:

Yeah, Fournier is not playing point. He just doesn't have the court vision/ passing ability/ ball handling skills.

he's playing no different than a ball handling wing like Rodney Hood. We run an offense designed around pace so whoever gets a rebound can just go with it. Gordon, ross, simmons, and Isaac/hezonja/afflalo in the preseason all do that (along with the point guards).

Fournier occasionally runs a pick and roll/pop with Vucevic. it's not atypical for a wing to do that. Simmons has done this a lot. Other wings do this on other teams. Durant does it.

But these are special sets that happen on occasion or its a transition thing. Fournier isn't the primary ball handler in our half court sets.