Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

The ball stopped at AG? You mean when he took good shots and scored?

This is such a stupid conversation. Leave it up to OS to write such nonsense. Why didn't they say the same wen Vuc got his 41 which he got his 41 almost identical to AG's 41 except AG got to the line. Something I wish Vuc did more of. 

OS...Pfft...It's like they forgot what having a good player offensively is like.

And Fournier...Like the way he's playing but dude needs to listen to Kendrick Lamar and sit down, be humble. This is always an issue with this guy. He never likes it when someone else goes off unless it's Vuc. AG hit a clutch shot, had an career night, was efficient, usually guards the best offensive player and you want to talk about ball moving better?! How about you congratulate? 

• Upvote 1

I don't agree with the timing of the article.  AG had a career game, it is OK to let him and us fans bask in it.  I actually didn't catch that game so I can't comment on the flow.  If this article had been written at any point the last few years objectively I'd have said that it was based in fact though.  He has had a tendency to stop the flow a lot in the past.  I imagine its easier to look past if he's putting up career games though.  I still think the timing was poor.  If the writer really wanted to remind everyone that he's a ballstopper he could have waited until he had a bad game then said 'even when he plays well like he did on XYZ, he still did this and this and nearly cost us the game'.  Poorly executed on their part.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

I don't agree with the timing of the article.  AG had a career game, it is OK to let him and us fans bask in it.  I actually didn't catch that game so I can't comment on the flow.  If this article had been written at any point the last few years objectively I'd have said that it was based in fact though.  He has had a tendency to stop the flow a lot in the past.  I imagine its easier to look past if he's putting up career games though.  I still think the timing was poor.  If the writer really wanted to remind everyone that he's a ballstopper he could have waited until he had a bad game then said 'even when he plays well like he did on XYZ, he still did this and this and nearly cost us the game'.  Poorly executed on their part.  

I don't even really think the ball movement was a problem. the refs called a really chippy game from the tip. we've taken 17.3 fta per game in the other 3 games. On Tuesday we took 40.

and as a result of those early calls, Augustin, Simmons, and Gordon looked like they wanted to exploit the quick whistle.

the offense was only really an issue from the 4.4 minute mark in the first quarter when simmons came in for ross to the 7 minute mark in the second quarter when ross came in for Hezonja.

before the first sub in the first quarter we had a 121 offensive rating. after the sub in the second quarter we had a 130 offensive rating. Third quarter it was a 104.7 offensive rating which is fine. Fourth quarter we had a 156.5 offensive rating which is amazing.

What's amazing to me is that anyone is complaining about our offense after putting up 125 points and winning the game, particularly after the past five years of absolute abysmal play.

6 minutes ago, magicblue said:

What's amazing to me is that anyone is complaining about our offense after putting up 125 points and winning the game, particularly after the past five years of absolute abysmal play.

I mean it'd be an issue when Gordon isn't dropping 41 and Fournier can't shoot. But I'm not sure it's a sign of anything vs a one game weird issue and maybe the shortcomings of a mack-simmons-biyombo lineup.