Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

Btw, I warned everybody that Lauri Markkanen would be good. This draft class is ridiculously deep. Lonzo, Fultz, Tatum, Smith, Isaac, Markkanen, J Collins, Kuzma, Bell, Mitchell and many more

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

It makes me sad that there are dudes like Giannis and Simmons out there looking like future MVPs knowing the Magic really doesn't have a clear direction or any nailed on prospects to build around. If AG could come back tonight and drop like 30, 11, 3, 1, 1 that'd make me feel a whole lot better.

Thanks basketball gods. Appreciate it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Btw, I warned everybody that Lauri Markkanen would be good. This draft class is ridiculously deep. Lonzo, Fultz, Tatum, Smith, Isaac, Markkanen, J Collins, Kuzma, Bell, Mitchell and many more

It’s early but yes LM is looking really good already. 

9 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

This could be one of the better draft classes in history... And we traded away our 2nd first rounder... I really have high hopes that Isaac can be one of the better players from it too. He's raw right now but his defence is going to be insane when he gets up to speed.

3 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

This could be one of the better draft classes in history... And we traded away our 2nd first rounder... I really have high hopes that Isaac can be one of the better players from it too. He's raw right now but his defence is going to be insane when he gets up to speed.

On one hand, i get it.  Look at the roster.  There's not really room for another rookie. 

On the other hand 4 of the next 10 picks after 35 are currently in nba rotations. 

all three of our starting lineups (payton/Fournier/ross/Gordon/vucevic; augustin/Fournier/ross/Gordon/vucevic; augustin/Fournier/ross/Isaac/vucevic) are among the top 10 lineups in the league right now. http://on.nba.com/2z78nnp

our starters collectively are fourth in the league http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball/fantasy/nba/teamstats/18/6/diffeff/1-1

Thank God we didn't sign Chandler Parsons to be our new Grant Hill.

Chandler Parsons stint with the Grizzlies has not gone according to plan. The former Rockets and Mavericks standout has been hampered by knee injuries, including three knee surgeries the last three years. Now, after playing just 15 minutes in Memphis’ first few regular season games this year, Parsons is frustrated with his limited playing time, Ronald Tillery of the Commercial Appeal writes. 

“It sucks right now playing 15 minutes a night to be honest with you,” Parsons said. “But they have a plan in place that, hopefully, I’ll be playing big minutes when it matters.”

Parsons appeared in just 34 games last season, averaging 6.2 PPG and 2.5 RPG in a career-low 19.9 minutes per game. After signing a four-year, $94MM deal with the Grizzlies in July 2016, Parsons has not come close to his past performance. If he continues to show he’s over his prior knee injuries, the Grizzlies will look salvage the remainder of their pact with the 28-year-old.

Per @EliasSports, Aaron Gordon became just 3rd NBA player since 2012-13 w/ 40+PTS & 10+REBS at age 22 or younger (Davis & Towns)