Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

20 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

So no defense in Brooklyn - Indiana. 140-131 lol 

Dipo and Harris both had good games though-

Stanley Johnson with the 0-13 line- Lol.

On 10/17/2017 at 4:59 PM, Justin Jaudon said:

There is virtually no measurement that suggests DJ or Mack are better than Jameer right now. He and DJ are both bad defenders at this point, but his offense was waaaay more efficient last year, not only as a shooter, but as a ball-handler/distributor, and that is going against starters more often. Mack is much better on D than either, but he's not a good offensive player, as he can't really shoot well enough and he's a turnover machine. I'll agree that Payton is objectively a better player by now, but Jameer would see 20min per night as his backup on this team. Easily.

The point was that with two bonafide backups under contract already on the roster, there would be no minutes for Jameer.  Sure, if we didn't have either DJ or Mack then Jameer might be an option.

8 hours ago, Payton4thewin said:

Don't. Just don't. It still pisses me off that we didn't draft that kid. He's gonna be ROTY, and I'm going to have to learn to deal with it, but... apparently I'm still pissed.

7 minutes ago, Justin Jaudon said:

Don't. Just don't. It still pisses me off that we didn't draft that kid. He's gonna be ROTY, and I'm going to have to learn to deal with it, but... apparently I'm still pissed.

How about Schroder in that game? He was even better.

34 minutes ago, Justin Jaudon said:

I think Isaac will surpass him in time.  Isaac makes it look really easy.  He's like T-mac.  Oozes ease and poise. DSJr maybe this year's Iverson, but Isaac will be Kevin Durant. It's a stretch, I know.  But I've seen it.  I can see the future.  SO don't worry.  Everything will work out as long as I make sure the future happens as planned. 

2 hours ago, Justin Jaudon said:

Me too! The only logical reason I can think of that we didn't take DSJ is that we couldn't get a halfway decent offer for Payton. 

21 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Me too! The only logical reason I can think of that we didn't take DSJ is that we couldn't get a halfway decent offer for Payton. 

that isn't logical at all and doesn't make sense. The draft was in june and we had an open point guard spot.

The logical reason is having a front office that focuses on length and defensive versatility.

Jeremy Lin out for the year with a ruptured patella tendon. Woof. Oh and hey guys! It’s me, All Eyes On Me, but I guess in the forum makeover all of my old stuff got lost and they made up this brand new cool user name for me... ahh well. Good win last night, hope everyone is well