Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

18 minutes ago, Notguilty said:

Seeing 

Seeing him lay there with his foot at a 90 degree angle was heartbreaking- I don’t anticipate him being back anytime soon. Hopefully a recovery like George is possible!!

Perhaps Thomas put a curse on Danny Ainge.  He was pissed for being traded.

11 minutes ago, Notguilty said:

Seeing 

Seeing him lay there with his foot at a 90 degree angle was heartbreaking- I don’t anticipate him being back anytime soon. Hopefully a recovery like George is possible!!

I guess orthos who put their two cents out there last night suggest PG's injury is preferable to Haywards because a mid-calf break has less stuff around to damage and there's a ton of ligaments in your ankle.

But they also didn't immediately rush him to the hospital so I imagine that's a good sign for the overall seriousness and long term ramifications.

4 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

I guess orthos who put their two cents out there last night suggest PG's injury is preferable to Haywards because a mid-calf break has less stuff around to damage and there's a ton of ligaments in your ankle.

But they also didn't immediately rush him to the hospital so I imagine that's a good sign for the overall seriousness and long term ramifications.

I am kind of befuddled that they didn't just rush him to a Cleveland hospital right away and instead flew him back to Boston- especially when Cleveland, from my understanding, has some highly regarded Hospitals. I would think you would want to get it taken care of ASAP no matter the severity and wouldn't want to put it under undue stress from the additional travel and time.

Just now, Odin said:

I am kind of befuddled that they didn't just rush him to a Cleveland hospital right away and instead flew him back to Boston- especially when Cleveland, from my understanding, has some highly regarded Hospitals. I would think you would want to get it taken care of ASAP no matter the severity and wouldn't want to put it under undue stress from the additional travel and time.

Unless it's an open fracture or has some other serious complication, you stabilize it and then you have some time.  It's not the kind of surgery you normally do as an emergency in the middle of the night.  As long as he doesn't put any weight on it, sitting on a plane is not really different from sitting at home or sitting in a hospital. 

14 hours ago, TRU BELIEVER said:

Dont know about you guys but I'm hyped for the game tomorrow 

It's always interesting to see how we look when the games really count and both teams are trying hard to win.  Also to find out which predictions were accurate and which weren't.  Having said that, my expectations are very low going into the season.  I will be pleased if we're more fun to watch than last year, and that's a very low bar. 

• Like 1

Just now, JJZFL said:

Unless it's an open fracture or has some other serious complication, you stabilize it and then you have some time.  It's not the kind of surgery you normally do as an emergency in the middle of the night.  As long as he doesn't put any weight on it, sitting on a plane is not really different from sitting at home or sitting in a hospital. 

Good to know. I would probably have been freaking out if I was in Hayward's position, but my feeling might be colored by the fact that the one major injury I have ever suffered was wrapped up by the emergency room and I was sent on my way with no further treatment only to have to go in for surgery two days later with all of the other doctors looking at it after the ER visit saying that my injury should have been taken care of and treated sooner.

1 hour ago, Payton4thewin said:

The injury looks similar to Abou Diaby's for Arsenal FC, he suffered a broken and dislocated ankle as well. It was a 9 month rehab and led to him continually overcompensating on other joints which caused constant injuries over the next 10 years of his career. Only saving grace is that injury happened 11 years ago so medical advances should lead to much better practices and recovery, still, that's the season gone and a chance he might never be the same player. Sad to see.

50 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

I can see your point for the first part of your statement - you stabilize and then take the time to do it right. However, I would think that subjecting an injury to the changes in air pressure that come with flying, prior to doing the surgery would not be good for it. Even a relatively short flight like Cleveland to Boston on a private plane is going to subject the body to multiple changes in pressure. Factor in the dehydration that comes with flying, and it just seems counter-intuitive to me. Maybe the fact that it was a dislocation of the ankle and a fracture of the tibia; and not a complete break of either makes the difference? 

3 hours ago, JJZFL said:

It's always interesting to see how we look when the games really count and both teams are trying hard to win.  Also to find out which predictions were accurate and which weren't.  Having said that, my expectations are very low going into the season.  I will be pleased if we're more fun to watch than last year, and that's a very low bar. 

You don't say...