Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, Payton4thewin said:

7 out of 9. 

But when you're removing Jeff green and Watson for Simmons and Isaac that's a big deal. 

OOOPS I was working off this and it's 8 out of 9

PG: Payton, Augustin, Mack

SG: Fournier, Ross, Simmons, Afflalo

SF: Isaac, Hezonja, Iwundu

PF: Gordon

C: Vucevic, Biyombo, Speights, Birch

Yes removing Green and Watson is excellent but we are also replacing Ibaka who although did not play up to speed did contribute. If Simmons is 3rd string how much can he really contribute? I'd rather have him back up Fournier and move Ross to SF ahead of Mario and maybe give Mario minutes at the 4 behind AG until we trade him (Mario).

1 hour ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

He's arguably better than all our point guards

Not if the team wants to move quickly.  He walks the ball up the court and makes his first pass with 14 seconds left on the shot clock.

I'm also not buying predictions about us making the playoffs.  I still think the over/under of 33.5 is about right, and I would not predict more than 35 wins for this team at the most.  Team is somewhat unbalanced, with a logjam at SG and center, and not much depth at the forward positions.  I recall the general consensus after we added Afflalo being that another move had to be coming because we had too many SG's, and Afflalo might never get to play as things stood.  However, nothing happened to change that.

4 hours ago, Payton4thewin said:

I like this

I don't remember what was posted before but a few weeks ago something similar took place and it reminded me of the Jameer team building days. Whether we have lacked this stuff since then or it just wasn't publicized it is nice to see!

9 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

He's arguably better than all our point guards

Payton is clearly better at this moment in time

jameer probably wouldn't see any playing time, even with Augustine still here 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

OOOPS I was working off this and it's 8 out of 9

PG: Payton, Augustin, Mack

SG: Fournier, Ross, Simmons, Afflalo

SF: Isaac, Hezonja, Iwundu

PF: Gordon

C: Vucevic, Biyombo, Speights, Birch

Yes removing Green and Watson is excellent but we are also replacing Ibaka who although did not play up to speed did contribute. If Simmons is 3rd string how much can he really contribute? I'd rather have him back up Fournier and move Ross to SF ahead of Mario and maybe give Mario minutes at the 4 behind AG until we trade him (Mario).

Those aren't strings.  It's a list of players at their primary position. Simmons is going to be the 6th man. Ross is going to start. Isaac will probably play the majority of his minutes at backup 4. 

7 hours ago, JJZFL said:

Afflalo might never get to play as things stood. 

Afflalo seems cool with that.  I didn't anticipate him being happy as the veteran mentor. 

36 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

Payton is clearly better at this moment in time

jameer probably wouldn't see any playing time, even with Augustine still here 

This ^^ Anyone saying otherwise clearly has no basketball knowledge whatsover or is trolling . . . .