1 hour ago, Payton4thewin said:

so the roster is full.

PG: Payton, Augustin, Mack

SG: Fournier, Ross, Simmons, Afflalo

SF: Isaac, Hezonja, Iwundu

PF: Gordon

C: Vucevic, Biyombo, Speights, Birch

2 way guys: PF Adreian Payne, SF Jamel Artis

So Basically we have added 1 new guy total to the starters and 1st bench squad. How much better can we realistically expect to be? Our starting PG still can't shoot/see the basket and our starting center still can't play D. 

40 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

So Basically we have added 1 new guy total to the starters and 1st bench squad. How much better can we realistically expect to be? Our starting PG still can't shoot/see the basket and our starting center still can't play D. 

Did you watch any of the preseason? 

1 hour ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I expect us to miss the playoffs by a few games but Gordon and Isaac will give us hope

1 hour ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I understand the feeling of hopelessness.  Judging from pre-season alone, this is fortunately a completely different team.  With continuity and player development, alongside a change in philosophy, I expect this team to win early and gain confidence as the season unfolds.  Payton can be effective without his shot if he can get everyone else involved. 

1 hour ago, Payton4thewin said:

Did you watch any of the preseason? 

I assume by that statement that you found reason for hope in the preseason even though EP still cannot shoot and Vuc does not play full time defense! Definitely not a Vuc hater, but he still takes plays off while standing and watching opponents take it to the basket! The general consensus has it that when EP gets others involved his scoring, or lack thereof, is not important. Sorry, I am not in agreement! The added depth (except for pg) brings hope, but improvement from within (Gordon, Isaac, etc) is imperative for improvement. Looking forward with anticipation for a Much improved ORLANDO Magic

Just now, Notguilty said:

I assume by that statement that you found reason for hope in the preseason even though EP still cannot shoot and Vuc does not play full time defense! Definitely not a Vuc hater, but he still takes plays off while standing and watching opponents take it to the basket! The general consensus has it that when EP gets others involved his scoring, or lack thereof, is not important. Sorry, I am not in agreement! The added depth (except for pg) brings hope, but improvement from within (Gordon, Isaac, etc) is imperative for improvement. Looking forward with anticipation for a Much improved ORLANDO Magic

Payton's shooting is always going to put a ceiling on what this team is capable of. but that ceiling isn't "playoffs" it's "getting past the second round". The new scheme for defense has helped everyone in the preseason. We have a style of play that fits the roster.

5 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

What's made you so confident?

we have a style of play that fits our personnel. pushing the pace allows us to better take advantage of the 11 or so guys on the team that are able to handle the ball on a fast break. The switching defense seems to have helped Payton's defensive issues. We have 3 guys in the rotation who should be premier perimeter defenders. I'm highly confident the team will be a top 10 defensive team this year.

Gordon looks great. you take that and add a rotation of payton, ross, Fournier, vucevic, simmons, biyombo, Isaac and [backup point guard] and you should have enough collective good games to do something. Instead of Hezonja, Meeks' injury of the week, Onuaku, Wilcox, Zimmerman, Rudez at the end of the bench you have (mack or augustin) Hezonja, Afflalo, Speights, Birch, and Iwundu. The latter group is more competent and has a variety of situational role players that are actual nba players.

This team is a team built for the regular season and, unlike last season, seems to actually have given us tangible factors for optimism in the preseason.