Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I'm scared I'm believing the AG hype. I'm seriously tempted to reach for him in the early rounds of our fantasy draft tonight.

Btw everyone, our TrueBlueNation fantasy league draft is in a few hours and that stuff should be on PPV. Our league is more competitive than the actual NBA

3 hours ago, Miller4Prez66 said:

I'm skeptical of Gordon's breakout. I'm just not sure his jumper is good enough to consistently put up All Star like numbers. I hope he proves me wrong because this franchise could use something to be excited about.

Nah dude he's the real deal. And he still helps the team even when his shot isn't falling

3 hours ago, Miller4Prez66 said:

I'm skeptical of Gordon's breakout. I'm just not sure his jumper is good enough to consistently put up All Star like numbers. I hope he proves me wrong because this franchise could use something to be excited about.

There’s a lot of evidence that Gordon works at his game. He’s a gym rat. I think we are seeing those results now compounded by an embarrassing season putting up with a crowded front court that didn’t capitalize on his athleticism.

I think he’s the real deal.

I don't think Aaron even needs a great jumper to put up all-star type numbers--he could get close to 20 a game finishing on PNRs and beating 4's off the dribble. That said, if his 3PT shot isn't around 35% this season I'll be a bit disappointed. I'd rather him get the shot attempts than see Vucevic waste possessions with garbage long twos.

On 10/13/2017 at 9:32 AM, Payton4thewin said:

I'm stupidly hyped about this season and I can't tell if that's a good thing or if I've just forgotten all the lessons learned over the past 5 15 plus years.

9 hours ago, Bauncey Chillups said:

I don't think Aaron even needs a great jumper to put up all-star type numbers--he could get close to 20 a game finishing on PNRs and beating 4's off the dribble. That said, if his 3PT shot isn't around 35% this season I'll be a bit disappointed. I'd rather him get the shot attempts than see Vucevic waste possessions with garbage long twos.

I was thinking about this too. 

Let's say he's the roll man 6 times in a game. If he shoots 50% on those that's 6 points. He'll get 2 or 3 transition buckets a game that's 4 points minimum. Let's say a couple of putback buckets a game is another 4 points. That's 14 points without even looking to score really. If he cuts off ball let's say 3 times he's likely to score 2 out of the 3 for another 4 points. If he attacks a couple of close outs and/or faces up a couple of less mobile bigs on top of deep sealing smaller guards when they switch onto him he's well into 20 point territory without taking a jumper. 

Obviously some nights he might not manage as many offensive boards or the other team might rush back on defence but in general I think something like 18 points is achievable for him.

Just read an article on B/R about Jeff Green, and I was kind of surprised on how he looks at an NBA season and I think it's kind of odd, that may only be me though. 

They asked him what he though went wrong with Orlando and he said he doesn't think about the season he just moves onto the next, I would think he would think about his performance, his teams(performance), how he can improve etc. maybe that's just me and that's why I'm not a pro. 

so the roster is full.

PG: Payton, Augustin, Mack

SG: Fournier, Ross, Simmons, Afflalo

SF: Isaac, Hezonja, Iwundu

PF: Gordon

C: Vucevic, Biyombo, Speights, Birch

2 way guys: PF Adreian Payne, SF Jamel Artis