Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

@jjgator, please don't post random football clips on this board. Thanks 

My bad, just getting overly hyped that the Jags are good again for the first time in a decade.  Hopefully the Magic can pull off being one of those surprise teams this season (it sounds ridiculous,  but you never know).

1 minute ago, Captain said:

Thoughts on Simmons so far? I'm pleasantly surprised and expected a little less than what we are getting out of him

Well, we technically aren't getting anything out of him yet. It's still preseason.  Preseason tells us next to nothing. I hear he did look pretty good in his return to SA though. 

3 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

That's the most random thing I've seen

Really? It's not even in my top 100 random things I've seen. 

8 hours ago, Captain said:

Thoughts on Simmons so far? I'm pleasantly surprised and expected a little less than what we are getting out of him

He's intense.  He thinks he's better than he is and that's going to manifest itself into him shooting us out of a game at least once this year.  But we'll have an ongoing "should Simmons start" debate for a long time unless he actually can shoot. 

I like that Vogel is using this time to experiment with line ups (love Gordon at the 5, I think for short periods of time he would be able to change the structure of the game).

I hope Vogel pushes himself out of his comfort zone this year as the best coaches tend to be the coaches willing to experiment and create the best situation for their players.

2 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

So long, Vuc

I wish. Nothing would please me more than to see BB become an consistent contributor and eliminate Vuc from the SL. Not holding my breath but who knows?

Trade him and Fournier for someone good.

Kyrie looked ready to carry Boston.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Captain said:

He's been phenomenol.  I'd rather he start over Ross TBH.  Simmons is "Wade-like" in intensity.  He's going to be one of our best players this year.  What if the "near future" we have:

Gordon - Isaac - Simmons - Fournier - Payton