Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

3 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

I think it's the opposite. His bball iq is moderately high but he's limited in size and athleticism and doesn't really fit what we want to do. He can play slow it down basketball on offense where he passes off to another guy then spots up on the weakside.

Maybe we can survive with him next to simmons and Isaac vs last year where he played with Watson and green mostly. but that's also going to require augustin pushing the ball and that's not what he wants to do.

JJ Barea is a guy that is also pretty short, but I love to watch him play.

And since I'm on a posting roll, I'll say that I love Iwundu's energy but he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Motor is underrated and he could become useful with a much improved shot

Just now, Mauro Pedrosa said:

JJ Barea is a guy that is also pretty short, but I love to watch him play.

right. but Barea is a weird player. They'd throw him in for 10 minutes and if he's not having one of those games where he's running around and having a flurry of buckets he doesn't play more.

he's an instant offense guy and they'd always have a plan B if the matchups didn't work. Augustin is a traditional point guard.

14 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

And since I'm on a posting roll, I'll say that I love Iwundu's energy but he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Motor is underrated and he could become useful with a much improved shot

Why do we keep drafting guys that can't shoot? It's the freakin' NBA, supposedly the best players in the world and they get paid a lot of money. EVERYBODY in the NBA should be able to shoot!

2 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Why do we keep drafting guys that can't shoot? It's the freakin' NBA, supposedly the best players in the world and they get paid a lot of money. EVERYBODY in the NBA should be able to shoot!

Iwundu shot 38% from three his last year in college.

15 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

the best shooter available in that area is Tyler Dorsey. He's an undersized shooting guard who isn't great at defense. He's shooting 28% from 3 this preseason for Atlanta.

13 hours ago, Gordon MVP said:

Who hasn't even played half a season -- let that sink in 

For sure, that was my point but I got sucked in by a generational talent lol 

13 hours ago, Gordon MVP said:

Who hasn't even played half a season -- let that sink in 

For sure, that was my point but I got sucked in by a generational talent lol 

1 hour ago, Payton4thewin said:

I think it's the opposite. His bball iq is moderately high but he's limited in size and athleticism and doesn't really fit what we want to do. He can play slow it down basketball on offense where he passes off to another guy then spots up on the weakside.

Maybe we can survive with him next to simmons and Isaac vs last year where he played with Watson and green mostly. but that's also going to require augustin pushing the ball and that's not what he wants to do.

I think IQ meaning the ability to get others involved. Run the offense. It's either he's shooting or scoring or nothing.

1 hour ago, Payton4thewin said:

I think IQ meaning the ability to get others involved. Run the offense. It's either he's shooting or scoring or nothing.

1 hour ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I'm excited about his development and hope he can play some 5 eventually.

Also gotta mention Dennis Smith Jr, who's a stud

Some sure. I don't think I like him there for long though.