Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

I really didn't like the way we played as a team. I don't know if Vogel is even calling plays.

If we're showcasing DJ great but that was one of the most unimpressive 24 points ever by DJ.

And Vuch, ugh. Just ship him out. Play Birch.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, DirtDan2012 said:

I thought Shelvin Mack was supposed to be an upgrade at backup PG.....  His numbers look like total **** in the preseason.

It looks like he didn't practice over the offseason

8 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Mario would have had a good game of he just calmed down in  the first half

I think his biggest issue is worrying too much and that tightens up his game. Obviously the handles need a lot of work as well, but confidence is a huge issue

By the way, his statline wasn't bad at all, with 10 pts, 7 rebs, 4-9 FG, 2-4 from three, 4 turnovers (the bad part)

I also liked what I saw from Vucevic at the defensive end, but his FG% was really bad

38 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

By the way, his statline wasn't bad at all, with 10 pts, 7 rebs, 4-9 FG, 2-4 from three, 4 turnovers (the bad part)

I also liked what I saw from Vucevic at the defensive end, but his FG% was really bad

From a third year top five pick. That is bad! And who was vuc defending dirk(older than dirt) nowtizski. 

5 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

From a third year top five pick. That is bad! And who was vuc defending dirk(older than dirt) nowtizski. 

No.  Mario defended dirk during the second quarter

1 hour ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I'm as patient as they come with player development and I get that he's still only 22.  But this sort of rationalization is the problem.  He was out of position most of the game (on both ends), has very little bball IQ, and continues to show an inability to handle the ball.  We can't treat that sort of statline as any sort of success because: a) it's not a very good line to begin with, and b) he's deficient in so many other areas.

It's like going to a restaurant you know is bad, having a terrible meal, and justifying it by saying, "well, I didn't get food poisoning this time!".  That doesn't make it acceptable.    

16 minutes ago, ML6 said:

I'm as patient as they come with player development and I get that he's still only 22.  But this sort of rationalization is the problem.  He was out of position most of the game (on both ends), has very little bball IQ, and continues to show an inability to handle the ball.  We can't treat that sort of statline as any sort of success because: a) it's not a very good line to begin with, and b) he's deficient in so many other areas.

It's like going to a restaurant you know is bad, having a terrible meal, and justifying it by saying, "well, I didn't get food poisoning this time!".  That doesn't make it acceptable.    

can you explain why the rationalization is a problem?

The team is built right now in a way that doesn't depend on Mario being in the rotation. either he starts to pick up the new defensive rotations and calm down on offense and works his way into the rotation or he doesn't.

I would say it's a problem that our highly-touted 5th overall pick now has a bar of "slightly more impactful than laying down at midcourt" to describe his "success".

• Upvote 1