Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

4 hours ago, Notguilty said:

I realize it’s preseason 1st game but despite monetary concerns hand 1 stats - Dedmon start - 12 pt on 5-7fg 2-3ft 1b 3reb 5 foul in 15 min — biz 2 pt 1b 3reb in 16 min — also Dedmon 1 steal biz 0 steal. Much more efficient at a MUCH better cost!!

1 game

On 10/1/2017 at 11:00 PM, Optimist Prime said:

Quick question. Before, the mobile version of the forum would quick jump to the first unread post in a given thread. Now it only goes to whatever page you select. Is there a way to get back to how it was? Makes keeping up on convos a lot easier if I miss some things, especially once the season is under way.

Bump, in case this was missed and it's possible to change.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Spaceman said:

Looking at last nights box scores. Did Caleb Swanigan really score 18 points in four minutes for Portland?

Espn has it as 17 minutes

5 hours ago, Spaceman said:

Looking at last nights box scores. Did Caleb Swanigan really score 18 points in four minutes for Portland?

Didn't we have a chance to nab that guy in the draft? Nuts!

On 10/2/2017 at 11:29 PM, Years of Tragic and Magic said:

Well I watched the game on league pass and here's what I took away:

Iwundu - Plays hard but I think his defense is slightly overrated.  Probably the worst offensive player we've ever drafted. Which is an accomplishment.

Mack - Appears to be the next overpaid backup point guard that we cant get rid of quick enough. He will join Augustine.

Biyombo - How in the Hell did he get that contract?  Vuch may get a lot of hate here but I'd much rather him shoot long 2's and play mediocre defense than watch Biyombo clog the lane, fumble passes, and get stripped while trying to perform something that barely resembles a post move.  I don't understand how he hasn't mastered the art of catching a basketball.

Birch - Let's unload Biyombo for anything and keep this guy! Didn't really show me much other than he's not Biyombo.

Gordon - Shooting 3's with confidence and looking good doing it.

Ross - For all the praise coming out of camp I expected something.  He struggled with his shot and played horrible defense, giving up several AND 1's. If Ross doesn't improve he'll be coming off the bench.

Simmons - Played hard, brought it on both ends, and his jumper looked good. As long as he can provide some space he should start at SF over Ross.  If not his defense is wasted.

Isaac - We heard he was active on defense in camp and he showed it in the game.  He'll need to add muscle but his future seems Bright.  Maybe the Magic finally found their Superstar.

Ross's nickname in Toronto was "Coin Toss Ross" as you never knew what you were going to get on a given night.  Some nights he'd drop 18-20 and couldn't miss from the arc.  Other games you get what we saw Monday night...

• Upvote 1

Anyone hear anything about Biz and Fournier arguing leading Biz punching Fournier? It's on the realgm board.

Anywho, I think if Simmons keeps it up he'll put Ross on the bench.

Love how motivated Mario is. 

EP...Just don't feel real good about it.

12 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Anyone hear anything about Biz and Fournier arguing leading Biz punching Fournier? It's on the realgm board.

That story is hilarious, if true

52 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Fournier > Biz though ... so ...