Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

Just now, Catalina Maria said:

Biyombo's focus: Rebounds, blocks, and defend.  People should only pass to him if he is open.  Otherwise, he is there for one reason.  Defense.  

But he doesn't actually do any of those things on an elite level, which is what his contract was for at the time it was signed. He was supposed to be an elite-level, defensive player. For someone who was supposedly analytics-based, Henny really dropped the ball on that one. 

11 minutes ago, Catalina Maria said:

Biyombo's focus: Rebounds, blocks, and defend.  People should only pass to him if he is open.  Otherwise, he is there for one reason.  Defense.  

Yet we continue to ask him to handle the ball around the three point line

16 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

But he doesn't actually do any of those things on an elite level, which is what his contract was for at the time it was signed. He was supposed to be an elite-level, defensive player. For someone who was supposedly analytics-based, Henny really dropped the ball on that one. 

Which was my original point in starting this discussion!!

10 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Yet we continue to ask him to handle the ball around the three point line

I was not able to watch the game, but if Biz is being asked to handle the ball ANYWHERE let alone around the three point line we are in serious trouble!!

Just now, Notguilty said:

Which was my original point in starting this discussion!!

He had a dramatic impact on team defense in Toronto and had dpoy rim protection in Charlotte http://on.nba.com/2xXJDMW

He comes here and sucks.  Why can't we put players in their best position to succeed here? What are other teams doing differently

42 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Sure but biyombo is making a crazy amount of money so you can almost make a case for anyone making less than him.  

Doesn't mean dedmon would have been a good signing.  We saw what he was while he was here.  And i think last year was more of a function of San Antonio and their storied history of turning stiffs into reasonable players than dedmon improvement

Wasn't Simmons a stiff before San Antonio turned him into a reasonable player?

1 minute ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

Wasn't Simmons a stiff before San Antonio turned him into a reasonable player?

No.  He was a rookie. 

2 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

What's everyone's opinion on the new all star layout. Could someone clearly explain it if possible? 

People still vote for 5 eastern players and 5 western players, those are the starters but won't necessarily play on the same team. The coaches select 7 players from each conference to be the reserves.

The leading vote getter from the East is a captain and the one from the West is the other captain. They take turns selecting their teammates

13 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

People still vote for 5 eastern players and 5 western players, those are the starters but won't necessarily play on the same team. The coaches select 7 players from each conference to be the reserves.

The leading vote getter from the East is a captain and the one from the West is the other captain. They take turns selecting their teammates

Are you sure about that? I thought they were just selecting the top vote getters

10 hours ago, Catalina Maria said:

Isaac was a PG in high school.  Fournier can carry the ball too. I'd start:

Vuc - Gordon - Isaac - Simmons - Fournier

No