Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

8 hours ago, Years of Tragic and Magic said:

Ross - For all the praise coming out of camp I expected something.  He struggled with his shot and played horrible defense, giving up several AND 1's. If Ross doesn't improve he'll be coming off the bench.

Simmons - Played hard, brought it on both ends, and his jumper looked good. As long as he can provide some space he should start at SF over Ross.  If not his defense is wasted.

Isaac - We heard he was active on defense in camp and he showed it in the game.  He'll need to add muscle but his future seems Bright.  Maybe the Magic finally found their Superstar.

Simmons is a bench player.  Maybe a super sub, but still a sub.  I think Isaac will start.  

7 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

I didn't watch the game, but looking at the box score, shooting 5-32 from 3 won't win many games.

Well, we don't want to draw too many conclusions from the first preseason game where the Magic played 16 players and almost no one got more than 20 minutes.   That being said, at some point there needs to be some 3-point shooting or it will be another long season.

Seems to be a trend going, with teams missing a lot of 3s in their first preseason games. Even the Warriors did

I watched the Lakers vs Wolves and there were a lot of air balls

1 hour ago, Murphy13 said:

Simmons is a bench player.  Maybe a super sub, but still a sub.  I think Isaac will start.  

Isaac was a PG in high school.  Fournier can carry the ball too. I'd start:

Vuc - Gordon - Isaac - Simmons - Fournier

4 hours ago, Murphy13 said:

Hopefully Isaac surpasses him, I think it will take time though.  The problem is moving Simmons to the bench you take away his strength in slowing down the other teams best 2/3.

51 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Seriously we should make our starting unit decided by the results of the first preseason game. "Rolls eyes"

Seriously people come to a message board to discuss team topics and post their beliefs and listen to see other people's opinions. "Rolls eyes"  

What we really need is 100 posts a day about a Chicken Tender basket.

57 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Seriously we should make our starting unit decided by the results of the first preseason game. "Rolls eyes"

Yeah.  Can't do that without also suggesting Mario Chalmers is coming for Mike Conley's job.  

Preseason means little until maybe the last game.  

1 hour ago, Payton4thewin said:

Yeah.  Can't do that without also suggesting Mario Chalmers is coming for Mike Conley's job.  

Preseason means little until maybe the last game.  

Arguably, when was the last time you see a player "dominate" so clearly and early in the season?  Yes, I know it's one game.  But I'm seeing footage and comments now.  Isaac did what he did with ease last night.  He's the real deal.  He will start.  Simmons, a serious catalyst.  He's proven himself to be a good one, and he is playing with fire in his heart.

As much as I want to keep giving Payton and Biyombo a chance, I think we know what they can and cannot bring to the table.  I still rest my case, that our best players will be:

Vuc - Gordon - Isaac - Simmons - Fournier

Will see if I'm wrong.  Most likely,

Vuc - Gordon - Simmons - Fournier - Payton will be the SL towards the latter part of this year, before anyone is traded.