Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

Speculating on a possible starting lineup is fun, but without the benefit of training camp and/or preseason games makes the entire situation moot. At this point it would be more beneficial to pencil in the starters from last yr post asb. Hopefully we have much more grit, fire and determination from our newcomers - young and old, creating not only much needed depth but competition for each and every starting spot! Our coaching staff will be able to determine who is best able to start, backup and be utilized to bring us out of the bonds of mediocrity. Hammond and others have stated that players will be evaluated and decisions made this year - making this another year that much patience is needed! I feel that the "trust Henny" yrs are gone and better times lay ahead!!

11 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

eh. its not that depressing. Just so much depends on Payton and Gordon right now. If they become above average starters then we have a solid chance at a playoff spot because we have enough supplementary pieces to put around them.

But national people view being the 8th worst team in the league, just missing the playoffs, and being a 7th seed and losing in 4 or 5 games as practically the same thing. If you aren't contending, aren't developing a player that you could eventually contend with, or actively attempting to draft that player you're going nowhere. I don't think they're necessarily wrong. But I think there is some value in just trying to win as much as possible to get off the "worst stretch in franchise history" stink and build through free agency even if it's nothing more than a palate cleanse for more tanking later on.

I still have interest in our team because of guys like Isaac and Gordon, but their comments about us being a 29 or 31 win team are humbling. Ditto for their reflections on Hezonja, Vooch and Biz. Oh well. It's a new year. Let's see what happens 

12 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I still have interest in our team because of guys like Isaac and Gordon, but their comments about us being a 29 or 31 win team are humbling. Ditto for their reflections on Hezonja, Vooch and Biz. Oh well. It's a new year. Let's see what happens 

I think we're going to win 38 games and some of our fans think that's pessimistic, while most media members think that's way too optimistic

23 hours ago, Payton4thewin said:

yeah. if we finish 10th we have a 14% chance at a top 5 pick compared to 4% previously.

Doesn't go into effect until the 2019 draft, so this is the last year for "mega-tanking" for the highest odds (25%) of picking #1

38 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

westbrook with that 205 million extension.

Presti gunning for that Exec of the year. Thunder fans must have had the best off-season ever.