Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

I hate that Vuc quote. I hope it was out of context. If not I'm ready to give him away. Ive been a bit of an apologist for him i feel but I can't tolerate not wanting playoffs.

3 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I hate that Vuc quote. I hope it was out of context. If not I'm ready to give him away. Ive been a bit of an apologist for him i feel but I can't tolerate not wanting playoffs.

It sounds defeated- he has been here the longest, and hasn't seen any success at all. I understand it mentally, loss after loss after loss can be demotivating. But it is completely unacceptable from a player, especially one who likes to think of himself as a leader. Once you start thinking that way, it is over. And the worst part of it is that type of thought can be contagious and affect the rest of the team (this is basic behavioral management).

If anything this increases my desire to see him gone. Maybe on a different team he can regain his belief- but we don't need him dragging the rest of the team down. I will wait to see if it was taken out of context, but I am not going to hold my breath.

5 hours ago, Odin said:

It sounds defeated- he has been here the longest, and hasn't seen any success at all. I understand it mentally, loss after loss after loss can be demotivating. But it is completely unacceptable from a player, especially one who likes to think of himself as a leader. Once you start thinking that way, it is over. And the worst part of it is that type of thought can be contagious and affect the rest of the team (this is basic behavioral management).

If anything this increases my desire to see him gone. Maybe on a different team he can regain his belief- but we don't need him dragging the rest of the team down. I will wait to see if it was taken out of context, but I am not going to hold my breath.

I agree with your take which is similar to what most other people have also said.  It's definitely a risk that goes along with a team being bad for a long time.  Players start to believe that they can't win.  Call it a losing culture, or whatever you want, but it's real.

Didn't see if it was covered here already but saw the Magic hired some big time leading sports scientist type from the Seattle Sounders. It seems like Weltman has made some astute front office hires so far. I really like the Wittman hire as a coaching consultant too, so long as it doesn't lead to undermining of Vogel that is.