Sign in to follow this  
Payton4thewin

2017-2018 Official prediction thread

CTMagicUK    224

Magic win between 37 and 42 games. We make at least one semi big trade at the deadline. AG gets all defensive team votes and Isaac finishes top 3 in ROTY votes.

That's my optimistic prediction.

JJZFL    59

Magic win between 37 and 42 games. We make at least one semi big trade at the deadline. AG gets all defensive team votes and Isaac finishes top 3 in ROTY votes.

That's my optimistic prediction.

And what's your pessimistic prediction?

Miller4Prez66    542

You think we got worse this offseason ? We ended with 29 wins last season.

It isn't as simple as we won 29 games last year, so by getting better we have to have more wins or if we win less games we got worse. Everyone else in the league gets better/worse too and there are so many factors. If I'm being honest, I don't like how this roster fits at all. Still a lack of shooting and playmaking, still a weird logjam inside (no doubt it's better with no Ibaka, but still). The bench looks better on paper, but our problem is that the entire team is honestly just filled with bench players. My number prediction was at 28, but as I said the way I look at this team is a swing from the 25-35 win mark is totally possible based on different factors. I don't think we're bad enough to do worse barring injury, but I don't think we have the talent to do better either.

• Upvote 1

CTMagicUK    224

And what's your pessimistic prediction?

30 wins. AG is injured for half of the season and we make a panic trade that sacrifices long term potential to try and make the playoffs (which we fail at).

In reality it'll probably be somewhere in the middle.

JJZFL    59

It isn't as simple as we won 29 games last year, so by getting better we have to have more wins or if we win less games we got worse. Everyone else in the league gets better/worse too and there are so many factors. If I'm being honest, I don't like how this roster fits at all. Still a lack of shooting and playmaking, still a weird logjam inside (no doubt it's better with no Ibaka, but still). The bench looks better on paper, but our problem is that the entire team is honestly just filled with bench players. My number prediction was at 28, but as I said the way I look at this team is a swing from the 25-35 win mark is totally possible based on different factors. I don't think we're bad enough to do worse barring injury, but I don't think we have the talent to do better either.

+1 from me. I completely agree with this analysis, despite some rather far-fetched predictions in here about some of our current players becoming stars next season.