Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official prediction thread

Magic win between 37 and 42 games. We make at least one semi big trade at the deadline. AG gets all defensive team votes and Isaac finishes top 3 in ROTY votes.

That's my optimistic prediction.

Magic win between 37 and 42 games. We make at least one semi big trade at the deadline. AG gets all defensive team votes and Isaac finishes top 3 in ROTY votes.

That's my optimistic prediction.

And what's your pessimistic prediction?

You think we got worse this offseason ? We ended with 29 wins last season.

It isn't as simple as we won 29 games last year, so by getting better we have to have more wins or if we win less games we got worse. Everyone else in the league gets better/worse too and there are so many factors. If I'm being honest, I don't like how this roster fits at all. Still a lack of shooting and playmaking, still a weird logjam inside (no doubt it's better with no Ibaka, but still). The bench looks better on paper, but our problem is that the entire team is honestly just filled with bench players. My number prediction was at 28, but as I said the way I look at this team is a swing from the 25-35 win mark is totally possible based on different factors. I don't think we're bad enough to do worse barring injury, but I don't think we have the talent to do better either.

• Upvote 1

And what's your pessimistic prediction?

30 wins. AG is injured for half of the season and we make a panic trade that sacrifices long term potential to try and make the playoffs (which we fail at).

In reality it'll probably be somewhere in the middle.

It isn't as simple as we won 29 games last year, so by getting better we have to have more wins or if we win less games we got worse. Everyone else in the league gets better/worse too and there are so many factors. If I'm being honest, I don't like how this roster fits at all. Still a lack of shooting and playmaking, still a weird logjam inside (no doubt it's better with no Ibaka, but still). The bench looks better on paper, but our problem is that the entire team is honestly just filled with bench players. My number prediction was at 28, but as I said the way I look at this team is a swing from the 25-35 win mark is totally possible based on different factors. I don't think we're bad enough to do worse barring injury, but I don't think we have the talent to do better either.

+1 from me. I completely agree with this analysis, despite some rather far-fetched predictions in here about some of our current players becoming stars next season.

I predict another high lottery pick this year after another dismal season..... Here's hoping Devos sells the team.

For those of you predicting 40 wins, there is a much higher chance of the Magic swapping teams with the Warriors then 40 wins.

putting my new prediction down. 40-42. First time this group has had the same coach in consecutive seasons. Simmons looks better than I thought. Isaac looks solid. Gordon looks great.

I think we end up in the hunt for the 8th playoff spot in the East, fighting it out with Detroit and Philadelphia. I see us winning between 37 and 40 games, but I think we fall slightly short of the playoffs. I see us having the 11th or 12th best chance at winning the lottery, with one or two teams out west missing the playoffs, but having better records than us. 

I predict it will be very similar to last year, a few surprise wins, a winning streak or two but overall everyone remains average and we miss the playoffs. 

I do hope I’m wrong and I feel awful typing this after a great win last night but not enough has changed in the off season for me to see we can get much better. 

I'm predicting between 34-40 wins, hoping to be on the higher side.  Hopefully our foundation makes a step in the right direction now that we've had a solid core for a few years.  Also, hoping we win more close games rather than imploding.