Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official prediction thread

I think we're close enough to the season to start predicting this.

here's last year http://truebluenation.com/forum/index.php?/topic/254689-2016-2017-season-predictions-thread/

my thought process of "we won 35 games with skiles quitting mid season, we should win 42+ with a good coach" was WAAAAAAY off.

This year I think 34-37 wins is the most likely outcome with 31-33 and 38+ tied for the next most likely outcomes. A 27-30 win season isn't as likely as the other scenarios but still possible.

More than 42 wins is extremely unlikely

Less than 26 wins is extremely unlikely without an early major injury

I'm predicting 36-46 assuming no long term injury to Gordon or Payton. I think we have enough depth now to survive the loss of Fournier, Ross, vucevic, biyombo, Simmons, or Isaac without it damaging our win totals too much (assuming we don't have secondary injuries i.e. Fournier AND Ross). I think having a point guard rotation of mack and augustin would be terrible. I think being forced to start Isaac and back him up with Speights could be extremely detrimental.

38 wins, no playoffs, as I've said before.

Payton looks improved, his shot is looking better. Let's hope he learns how to run the pick and roll

We get another season with Vucevic starting and I think management finally gives up on him

Simmons becomes one of the highlights, whether he's starting or off the bench

West:

1. GS

2. Houston

3. San Antonio

4. OKC

5. Denver

6. LAC

7. Utah

8. Minnesota

9. Portland

10. New Orleans

11. Dallas

12. Memphis

13. LAL

14. Sacramento

15. Phoenix

East:

1. Boston

2. Cleveland

3. Toronto

4. Washington

5. Milwaukee

6. Miami

7. Detroit

8. Charlotte

9. Philadelphia

10. Indiana

11. Orlando

12. Chicago

13. New York

14. Brooklyn

15. Atlanta

Conference Finals:

West: GS v Houston

East: Boston v Toronto

Finals: Houston v Boston (Houston wins)

Orlando Predictions:

35/47

Gordon looks good (16/8), but doesn’t get the minutes he deserves

Isaac looks like he has potential, after a rough start (DSJ wins rookie of the year, though)

Payton does Payton (looks really good for a few weeks at the end of the season after it doesn’t matter, after sucking/looking serviceable periodically all year)

Fournier is more efficient than last year (going for 17 per again, but without sucking from 3)

Simmons is good, but mostly an enigmatic offensive player who excels on D

Ross is a solid sixth man (10 per on 25-27 min per)

Vuc finally gets traded (to Boston) mid-season

Biyombo is solid as a starter, but still not the monster we hoped (payed for)

Mario spends most of the year in Lakeland

Overall, the defense is much improved, but we struggle to produce offense

I'm going to say 28-54, but I expect anywhere from 25-35 wins and another wasted year.

You think we got worse this offseason ? We ended with 29 wins last season.

If we suffer early injuries that lead to a bad start we probably tank.

I think thats reasonable, considering its a year to give our guys last chance. If we end up tanking I hope we also end up trading some pieces by tradeline ( both to help with tanking and to shake up things a bit).

It's too early to tell for me. I've been overly optimistic the past two years in my predictions. A correction is in order, but don't want to over correct and be the pessimist.

It's too early to tell for me. I've been overly optimistic the past two years in my predictions. A correction is in order, but don't want to over correct and be the pessimist.

I think that's why we're getting worse reviews this year overall. Some National media were overly optimistic for our team over the last couple years and we underperformed. Now they're over correcting the other way.

They aren't wrong to be that way though. I just think we've had enough roster turnover the last two years that we have to remove recent context and treat this team as a singular entity