Sign in to follow this  
The Boss

Help me make some money on a bet!

Hey guys.

I'm wanting to propose a bet with a friend of mine and obviously I want it to be in my favor! Last season we had a bet on who would finish higher out of us and the Heat, that didn't turn out well so need to make it back.

I already managed to squeeze a cheap head to head end of season standings between us and Brooklyn which I'm pretty happy about but I want to try and get some more bets with him, he won't take any more on that head to head, he might give me 2-1 odds on it though.

The bet I'm wanting to propose is basically who will finish higher out of us and some other teams, $50 for each team the Magic finish above. The key here is picking the right teams for the bet, I want to include Brooklyn but I'm going to have to include a team that will get his attention.

This basically comes down to who do you think we have a good chance of finishing above? I'm thinking of trying to include Brooklyn and Chicago then possibly Atlanta, Indiana, Phoenix and New York. I think my friend will take any combo of these teams so I don't really need to include anyone to get the bet over the line, I just need to pick whatever is in my favor.

Also, he likes all kinds of bets, serious or fun so if anyone can think of some interesting bets to propose to him I'd be keen to hear them.

EDIT: I'm also wanting to make this bet right now because I'm sensing a trade of some sorts that will make us a better team and effect the chances of getting this bet on with him.

Avoid the Knicks because they might get Kyrie

Yeah I was worried about that. I could probably wait for the Kyrie trade, I know he'd want the Knicks in the bet regardless.

Several teams like the Bulls, atlanta and brooklyn are safe choices.

If you want to make a splash go with a team on the west. The west is really strong this year and see teams like the Suns, Lakers, Dallas and maybe New Orleans not doing well. This are probably better teams than us but their schedule will be so brutal and likely will end the season with a worse overall record.

Several teams like the Bulls, atlanta and brooklyn are safe choices.

If you want to make a splash go with a team on the west. The west is really strong this year and see teams like the Suns, Lakers, Dallas and maybe New Orleans not doing well. This are probably better teams than us but their schedule will be so brutal and likely will end the season with a worse overall record.

Cheers. That's actually a good point about the west scheduling. I think I should probably include the Suns, although they might be involved in the Kyrie trade. I think the Lakers may be another decent choice. I think the Pels do alright this season, not fantastic but for me it's hard to see us finishing with a better record unless they blow up the team before the deadline and trade Cousins before he can walk.