Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Meet The Jedi(s) - Jonathan Isaac & Jonathan Simmons

Could someone explain this to the rest of us?

REPLY: From TMF

IN CASE YOU HAVEN'T HEARD, THE MAGIC WILL BE WEARING THE DISNEY AD/PATCH ON THEIR JERSEYS NEXT SEASON

The Orlando Magic will wear Disney ads on their jerseys next season

"As part of the jersey sponsorship agreement, Disney will “expand its presence at the Amway Center,” according to a Magic team statement, adding a “special seating and hospitality area” in which fans can buy annual passes to Walt Disney World during select Magic home games. While NBA teams are not required to sell jerseys with the ads on them at retail, the Magic announced that “Disney-branded Orlando Magic jerseys will also be available for purchase at the Amway Center.” Good news abounds for all the Mario Hezonja fanatics who’ve been holding out on copping an authentic until they could make sure there a 2½-inch square with “Disney” written in script on their left collarbone!"

https://sports.yahoo.com/orlando-magic-will-wear-disney-ads-jerseys-next-season-164319264.html

TGJXFr.png

WALT DISNEY WORLD MAIN STREET PARADE DRAGON

Oc22oq.png

I'm not saying change our main logo; however, we should (in some instance or manner) use an alternate logo or magical resemblance emphasizing strength, power, and nastiness. (See the Bulls, Timberwolves, Grizzlies, Bucks, etc.)

**STUFF SAYS HI!!!**

IN CASE YOU HAVEN'T HEARD, THE MAGIC WILL BE WEARING THE DISNEY AD/PATCH ON THEIR JERSEYS NEXT SEASON

TGJXFr.png

Oc22oq.png

I'm not saying change our main logo; however, we should (in some instance or manner) use an alternate logo or magical resemblance emphasizing strength, power, and nastiness. (See the Bulls, Timberwolves, Grizzlies, Bucks, etc.)

**STUFF SAYS HI!!!**

I now understand. We're changing the name of the team to the "Orlando Jedi". Everyone will be afraid to play us.

I do not understand any of this. Why Jedi (which is also the plural)? Who is going to call them this. Why are their given names not adequate?

1. Why did they call Julius Ervin "Dr. J" - He's not a doctor.

2. Why did they call George Gervin "The Ice Man" - He delivered, but not ice.

3. Why did they call Earvin Johnson "Magic" - He did not perform on stage pulling rabbits out of a hat.

4. Why did they call Shaquille O'neal and Dwight Howard "Superman" - Neither could fly above the clouds.

5. Why did they call Chris Anderson "Birdman" - Does he look like a bird?

6. Jackie Robinson had several nicknames - Including: "Dark Destroyer" and "J-Rob"

7. Why did they call Darryl Dawkins "Chocolate Thunder" - (Rest In Peace) - Btw, Stevie Wonder gave him that nickname

Many of the sportscasters referred to these athletes by their nicknames. It's been a tradition for ages.

IDK - I guess I'm just bored--Carry on!

1. Why did they call Julius Ervin "Dr. J" - He's not a doctor.

2. Why did they call George Gervin "The Ice Man" - He delivered, but not ice.

3. Why did they call Earvin Johnson "Magic" - He did not perform on stage pulling rabbits out of a hat.

4. Why did they call Shaquille O'neal and Dwight Howard "Superman" - Neither could fly above the clouds.

5. Why did they call Chris Anderson "Birdman" - Does he look like a bird?

6. Jackie Robinson had several nicknames - Including: "Dark Destroyer" and "J-Rob"

7. Why did they call Darryl Dawkins "Chocolate Thunder" - (Rest In Peace) - Btw, Stevie Wonder gave him that nickname

Many of the sportscasters referred to these athletes by their nicknames. It's been a tradition for ages.

IDK - I guess I'm just bored--Carry on!

Great. But these nicknames were given to them organically and because of their skill

TGJXFr.png

Oc22oq.png

**STUFF SAYS HI!!!**

Yeah, sorry...I still don't get the Jedi part. Thanks for trying to explain though

Yeah, sorry...I still don't get the Jedi part. Thanks for trying to explain though

Disney now partners with the Magic. Disney owns the Star Wars property. "Magic" is too weak, evokes pixie sticks. So he proposes naming our players after more compelling characters that show courage or strength. J and J are Jedi's. I guess their names starts with a J?

It kind of makes sense for Isaac if you use "jed" to signify the letter "j" then put the "i" for Isaac. Jed-I. Simmons is a stretch. Either way, any nickname should flow naturally. And it was noted earlier, but the plural of jedi is jedi.

It kind of makes sense for Isaac if you use "jed" to signify the letter "j" then put the "i" for Isaac. Jed-I. Simmons is a stretch. Either way, any nickname should flow naturally. And it was noted earlier, but the plural of jedi is jedi.

Just call the whole team "The Jedi's" instead of The Magic and be done with it.

Just call the whole team "The Jedi's" instead of The Magic and be done with it.

Can't we just stop putting an s at the end of Jedi?

Like, I don't care about the rest of what's going on in this thread. It's just really getting to me.

• Upvote 1