Sign in to follow this  
Jason Funderburker

Toronto GM Jeff Weltman new President of Basketball Ops

My biggest question is do we try to "contend" or go youth movement again?

Not sure what upper management thinks of rebuilding again, but I don't see a path for us to acquire talent outside of the draft

I think it's highly unlikely we go into full rebuild mode.

According to Espn Matt Lloyd will definitely be kept on but the role is yet to be determined. Gotta be Gm surely.

So the magic fired everybody who worked out all these possible draft picks? If so, WTF!

Think that points to Lloyd staying around. Not to mention it's not like all the info was stored in the scouts heads. That information is readily available to the Magic.

Well, I am tired of being the last in line when it comes down to the real talent evaluation in this league......you are looking at the man responsible for dragging the Milwaukee Buck Greece to see the Greek Freak..... So he has my attention!!!

Welcome aboard !!!.

Can someone explain to me the reasoning in firing ALL of our scouts and personell 30 days before the Draft?(if the reports are accurate). This makes me nervous as we have four picks on this year draft.

My guess is that the Magic already got what they needed from them or the new hire comes with his new team and scouting reports.

I am not excited nor disspointed. At this point, you have to ride the train and see where it takes you.

I'm pretty happy with the team on this one. My expectations were pretty low and they managed to hire someone who is very experienced (28 years in the nba) while also being an up and comer and not some retread of another executive who failed somewhere else. Also this guy wasn't a past magic player or coach.

I have no idea if this is the best candidate or if he's even a good candidate because I don't really know him and its difficult to judge the competency of executives. We have to rely on reporters talking about his qualifications. But the team made a really justifiable hire and that's a good thing.