Sign in to follow this  
Jason Funderburker

Toronto GM Jeff Weltman new President of Basketball Ops

I think this is a really good hire. Masai Ujiri is a really good GM and I know they are heavy into using technology to make decisions. Weltman will bring some of that thinking here too.

Jeff Weltman, the Magic's new hire as president of basketball operations, will report to CEO Alex Martins.

Via Robbins

Same **** different day.

I think this is a really good hire. Masai Ujiri is a really good GM and I know they are heavy into using technology to make decisions. Weltman will bring some of that thinking here too.

OKC and San Antonio had great GMs and were into technology and we got Henny and the worst 5 year stretch in Magic history. Looks like another cheap young hire to run the team typical of the Cockroach's style...we will see how it works out.

OKC and San Antonio had great GMs and were into technology and we got Henny and the worst 5 year stretch in Magic history. Looks like another cheap young hire to run the team typical of the Cockroach's style...we will see how it works out.

He's not really young

Respectfully disagree. Weltman has been at it for a while so he has experience unlike Hennigan. I can't find his age but he is certainly not a fresh 30 year old with no experience.

Wonder if we clear money and make a run for Lowry

My biggest question is do we try to "contend" or go youth movement again?

Not sure what upper management thinks of rebuilding again, but I don't see a path for us to acquire talent outside of the draft