Sign in to follow this  
barnettej

Blow Out Wins and Super Teams - Good For The NBA?

I didn't watch the Massacre at the Gardens last night. Not because I was busy or had to take care of my daughters, but because I know the ending. However I did not see this coming though, which is the consistent epic beat down. Brought to you by another super team if you will and Miami repeat, just replace Allen with Korver.

Reading the headlines and tweets I get a sense that no on else did either, which is really, really, really bad. This time of the year the NBA should have its prime moments with more people paying attention and watching. Instead the people are just waiting for the inevitable finals matchup game 7, minimizing the whole NBA season to a 2 team showdown that was foreseen.

If no one is watching then money isn't flowing. Why sponsor you when everyone is watching something else. So this begs the question:

Are Super Teams and Blow Out Wins good for the NBA?

-I'm gonna start by saying no, because it shows there is no league balance. And if your team isn't a super team, then it's not gonna be fun at the end. For the past ... 6 years or so... you can pick the finals matchups before the season starts. In a way I see the league as watered down. I don't think it's good for business either and I'm sure it has to hit the pockets of the NBA at some point.

Thoughts?

It's always been like this

This, the NBA has always been a top heavy league it's just lately that players have been taking things into their own hands with FA and it's bothering people.

It hasn't always been like THIS. Not to this level. And no, I don't think it's good for the NBA. You have people who represent the NBA coming out and saying the post season is boring and other sports right now are more exciting. When the NBA's own people are saying these things, you know it's bad.

It hasn't always been like THIS. Not to this level. And no, I don't think it's good for the NBA. You have people who represent the NBA coming out and saying the post season is boring and other sports right now are more exciting. When the NBA's own people are saying these things, you know it's bad.

Yet these were the highest rated finals since 1998...