Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

2017 Watch the Playoffs Thread!

Warriors should not lose a game this entire playoff's if they're healthy.

I've learned not to count out LeBron.

It's too bad we couldn't utilize Ibaka properly when he was here

Thankfully, we moved AG to SF and had Vooch and Biz at C, keeping Ibaka locked in at PF ⚡️⚡️⚡️

• Upvote 1

Our team this year was scrambled eggs. Ultimately, Ibaka is a third banana on a contending team, yet I don't think he's a max guy at all. Wish we had never traded for him, and glad we moved on.

More analysts should talk about how we gave away harkless for nothing. We really missed that 7.3 ppg on 29/17/88 shooting that he put up in the playoffs.

Geniuses running our team

I wonder how much of that was directly Vogel's plan. Its my impression that GM's provide the players and coaches come up with strategy and GM's don't interfere with that strategy unless it impacts long term plans (i.e. play this player more for development). So if Hennigan was overly involved with the rotation that would be bad.

But Vogel's comments toward the end of the year (i.e. having to learn how to defend with/against small lineups) plus his track record previously leads me to believe it was more his idea.

but whatever. Vogel's a good coach so I figure he's going to find a way to make things work this year. Though it should be somewhat concerning that we have a coach trying to coach in a way that's uncomfortable to him.

I wonder how much of that was directly Vogel's plan. Its my impression that GM's provide the players and coaches come up with strategy and GM's don't interfere with that strategy unless it impacts long term plans (i.e. play this player more for development). So if Hennigan was overly involved with the rotation that would be bad.

But Vogel's comments toward the end of the year (i.e. having to learn how to defend with/against small lineups) plus his track record previously leads me to believe it was more his idea.

but whatever. Vogel's a good coach so I figure he's going to find a way to make things work this year. Though it should be somewhat concerning that we have a coach trying to coach in a way that's uncomfortable to him.

I'm surprised more people don't know this.

GM makes moves to build around the coaches blueprint.

If one wants to determine what makes a successful GM, by definition Henny was a success more than he failed. He got Skiles his boys. Got Vogel his twin tower lineup while seeing if he can turn AG into a PG clone.

I think he was a good coach in 2013, for sure. Not sure he's good anymore

Im not so sure coaching works that way. I mean it's not like he started coaching in the 80s.

I think he's smart enough to figure things out given an offseason to adjust