Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

2017 Watch the Playoffs Thread!

When I saw that play I almost felt bad for Dwight. Like he really is a shell of the player we saw he for years.

I think it's safe to say things have come full circle for Dwight when Marcin Gortat the better center.

Gortat: 28 pts/20 boards/7 blocks/2 TO's

Howard: 13pts/21 boards/2 blocks/ 4 TO's

Wow that is hard to believe, imagine being told in 2009/2010 these stats were what lies ahead. You wouldn't believe it. Delighted for Gortat though, he always gives 100%

Only played 19 minutes tonight. He is aging terribly. Just a good rebounder at this point and a solid presence defensively.

I was actually thinking the same thing in game 1. Tim Hardaway Jr got screened on the elbow, and Beal got by him--Dwight was kind of caught up on the elbow near Beal and he just could not remotely move quick enough to trail Beal and block the shot.

When I saw that play I almost felt bad for Dwight. Like he really is a shell of the player we saw he for years.

I think it's safe to say things have come full circle for Dwight when Marcin Gortat the better center.

Gortat: 28 pts/20 boards/7 blocks/2 TO's

Howard: 13pts/21 boards/2 blocks/ 4 TO's

Dwight's problem was his damn sugar addiction.

It's astonishing that Oladipo was actually *worse* this season playing next to an MVP than on a 35 win Magic team. Thank goodness we're not paying him.

Shooting guard Jeff Green.

He's not a spot up shooter. He needs the ball. Evan would be better for them than Dipo.

Dipo would be good with a PG who doesn't always need the ball and can spot up at times.

It's astonishing that Oladipo was actually *worse* this season playing next to an MVP than on a 35 win Magic team. Thank goodness we're not paying him.

Shooting guard Jeff Green.

I think it's just hard for other guys to play with westbrook. Every play is:

1. flinging himself into the lane where he either attacks or draws defenders for dump offs or kick outs

2. getting a guy off balance by making them retreat to get space and pull up.

it's fine if that's the route you want to go. but you need to surround him with 3 and D guys and Oladipo is more of a 2.5 and D guy.

Westbrook's usage right now is 52% for the playoffs. The record for usage in a playoffs was tony parker in 2009 with 39.1%

As bad as OKC is as a team he has to play better team ball. Westbrook is my favorite player but these playoff games have been hard to watch with him jacking up shots.

As bad as OKC is as a team he has to play better team ball. Westbrook is my favorite player but these playoff games have been hard to watch with him jacking up shots.

I agree. I think Westbrook is actively hurting the team to a certain degree by not doing a better job of getting other players involved. No one else is able to get into a good rhythm because everything is dependent on Westbrook. Then, because he plays like a maniac, he gets tired and there is no one that is able to pick up the slack. Also, because this has been a full year thing, they aren't able to play without Westbrook because their entire strategy is focused around the idea of "Westbrook does everything".

This system was never built for long term (or even short term, really) success.

I think it's just hard for other guys to play with westbrook. Every play is:

1. flinging himself into the lane where he either attacks or draws defenders for dump offs or kick outs

2. getting a guy off balance by making them retreat to get space and pull up.

it's fine if that's the route you want to go. but you need to surround him with 3 and D guys and Oladipo is more of a 2.5 and D guy.

Oladipo sucks even when Westbrook is on the bench. Oladipo is a frustrating player whose better suited leading a second unit than being a starter.