Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

2017 Watch the Playoffs Thread!

It's tough, but thinking about it I think Ainge made the right decision. GSW were rightfully marketed as absolute juggernauts and the future is bright for Boston.

Jaylen Brown + Zizic + top 4 pick in a stacked draft + Nets' 2018 draft pick (guaranteed to be in the lottery) + whatever they get for Isaiah Thomas

Great stuff

see I think that's BS though. If they're biding their time, why give Horford 113 million? Why give Tyler Zeller a bunch of money? I also don't think you can sit there as a good team and take the "team x is a juggernaut, lets just wait them out" approach. it's one thing for the lakers to take that approach. Lets not rush the rebuild and bang our heads against the west. But you never know what's going to happen in the future. OKC was a juggernaut, injuries destroyed that team. Lebron and Boston were juggernauts in 2009. we pushed through them. If you're good enough to go for it you really need to go for it. Credit Toronto for really making every roster spot count.

I think Ainge enjoys the mystique he built up and doesn't want to have an iffy trade to damage that. It's now a running joke between analysts how every turn boston is "so close to pulling a trade on ___".

First off the series isn't very surprising, Boston had serious rebounding issues and lacked a secondary scorer. The team knew it, the fans admitted it and the experts pointed it out. The real mystery is how Ainge didn't at least address the rebounding issue. I think they were hoping to get one of the released players after the deadline and he just struck out.

As far as the Butler and George trades i personally think Ainge had no problem trading the Net's picks. More then likely both teams asked for godfather offers they wouldn't Negotiate involving several of the current Celtics.

For example if the Bulls wanted 1 Nets pick, Bradley and Brown, i think Butler would be a Celtic. I'm sure both the Pacers and Bulls were probably trying to get both Nets picks and multiple players like Crowder,Smart or whoever.

Again, there was no reason for Ainge to panic, he will have a chance to do the same trades all over this summer. The only caveat is i feel Butler is not really available. There was probably a small window in February when maybe you could have convinced a panicked front office to do something.No chance now.

Trading for PG would seem to be an option i'm sure will be fully explored. It could easily benefit both teams.

see I think that's BS though. If they're biding their time, why give Horford 113 million? Why give Tyler Zeller a bunch of money? I also don't think you can sit there as a good team and take the "team x is a juggernaut, lets just wait them out" approach. it's one thing for the lakers to take that approach. Lets not rush the rebuild and bang our heads against the west. But you never know what's going to happen in the future. OKC was a juggernaut, injuries destroyed that team. Lebron and Boston were juggernauts in 2009. we pushed through them. If you're good enough to go for it you really need to go for it. Credit Toronto for really making every roster spot count.

I think Ainge enjoys the mystique he built up and doesn't want to have an iffy trade to damage that. It's now a running joke between analysts how every turn boston is "so close to pulling a trade on ___".

I think they are trying to be both things at once- they are trying to bide their time for the future, while competing now, and in turn doing neither. They have had a bunch of assets who aren't really developing as much as they might be on a team where they'd be given more free reign (you could argue whether this is good or bad for the player development), but playing enough that they slowly lose value.

Assets don't mean anything if they depreciate and gather dust. Boston right now is the somewhat successful person from the 50's who hid money in their mattress because of the Great Depression.

The thing with Boston isn't even the trade all your assets and swing for the fences Paul George or Jimmy Butler trades they didn't do, it's that they had a glaring weakness (which neither George or Butler fix) which they didn't use any of their assets to fix. I really think we would've traded Vucevic for Rozier and Amir Johnson's expiring.

I've been reading the Celtics board and was reminded that Horford was signed partly because Durant liked him a lot.

Oh. Right. I completely forgot about that

Man, Dwight is looking old in this ATL/WAS series. I could see him retiring in the next couple of years.

Only played 19 minutes tonight. He is aging terribly. Just a good rebounder at this point and a solid presence defensively.

I was actually thinking the same thing in game 1. Tim Hardaway Jr got screened on the elbow, and Beal got by him--Dwight was kind of caught up on the elbow near Beal and he just could not remotely move quick enough to trail Beal and block the shot.

When I saw that play I almost felt bad for Dwight. Like he really is a shell of the player we saw he for years.

I think it's safe to say things have come full circle for Dwight when Marcin Gortat the better center.

Gortat: 28 pts/20 boards/7 blocks/2 TO's

Howard: 13pts/21 boards/2 blocks/ 4 TO's

Westbrook has some pretty terrible shot selection. Went from a 40 point triple double on something like 14-32 shooting to a 51 point triple double on 17-43 shooting

Westbrook has some pretty terrible shot selection. Went from a 40 point triple double on something like 14-32 shooting to a 51 point triple double on 17-43 shooting

Yea he started chucking mid-way through the fourth badly.

That team sucks though. You take Westbrook off the Thunder and they might be worse than the Magic or they just are the Magic.