Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

2017 Watch the Playoffs Thread!

Ainge has to be kicking himself for not cashing in some of those assets and making a move at the deadline.

I'm still angry about that.

You have a chance to chase a title. You have to cash everything in.

also note, it's only 2 games but Ibaka is averaging 17.5 10.5 and 2.5 blocks per game on 46% three point shooting so far in the playoffs.

Sucks he didn't play hard regularly for us.

Ainge has to be kicking himself for not cashing in some of those assets and making a move at the deadline.

I'm still undecided. Jimmy Butler and Paul George are fantasti players but the Cavs and Warriors are really hard to beat.

That Brooklyn pick is really valuable for the future.

I'm still undecided. Jimmy Butler and Paul George are fantasti players but the Cavs and Warriors are really hard to beat.

That Brooklyn pick is really valuable for the future.

that Brooklyn pick is valuable. what if that player becomes great? He could even be as good as paul George!

:svgsad:

that Brooklyn pick is valuable. what if that player becomes great? He could even be as good as paul George!

:svgsad:/>

I guess his point is that everyone in the league should just quit until LeBron retires and the Warriors break up. Because apparently adding Paul George or Jimmy Butler to the Celtics won't give them a chance at a championship...

I guess his point is that everyone in the league should just quit until LeBron retires and the Warriors break up. Because apparently adding Paul George or Jimmy Butler to the Celtics won't give them a chance at a championship...

yeah.

and I get why you wouldn't want to trade that pick for Chris Paul or Blake Griffin or (star player on other side of prime) to get a two year window. But you probably have 3 years of Paul George's prime after this season. That's a 4 year window not counting the extended 3-4 years you'll get out of his game as it's likely he's going to age well. They could have hypothetically been trotting out a lineup of Thomas-Smart-George-Ibaka-horford Jackson-Green-Jerebko-Olynyk. Maybe they sign Brandon Jennings, Matt Barnes, and Terrence Jones to close the gap.

I guess his point is that everyone in the league should just quit until LeBron retires and the Warriors break up.

That's the mentality behind what Danny Ainge is doing.

--

I really think 2017 Al Horford might be a worse version of Vucevic. Horford is incredibly soft and Vucevic's shot is more reliable

That's the mentality behind what Danny Ainge is doing.

--

I really think 2017 Al Horford might be a worse version of Vucevic. Horford is incredibly soft and Vucevic's shot is more reliable

I don't really see him as any vucevic. He's a good positional/team defender. he's a good shooter. he's not a good rebounder anymore. he doesn't contest weakside. You stick him next to a good rebounding PF, great.

I don't really see him as any vucevic. He's a good positional/team defender. he's a good shooter. he's not a good rebounder anymore. he doesn't contest weakside. You stick him next to a good rebounding PF, great.

I'm very worried about his deteriorating skills because he's probably a keeper on my fantasy team.

It's tough to justify his real life contract though

yeah.

and I get why you wouldn't want to trade that pick for Chris Paul or Blake Griffin or (star player on other side of prime) to get a two year window. But you probably have 3 years of Paul George's prime after this season. That's a 4 year window not counting the extended 3-4 years you'll get out of his game as it's likely he's going to age well. They could have hypothetically been trotting out a lineup of Thomas-Smart-George-Ibaka-horford Jackson-Green-Jerebko-Olynyk. Maybe they sign Brandon Jennings, Matt Barnes, and Terrence Jones to close the gap.

Yeah, the really annoying thing is that they probably could have given us a better package than Toronto for Ibaka, and still have enough assets to get Paul George or Butler AND still have assets, without hurting their core team-but decided not to.

With how iffy Cleveland has looked this year, it would have been a perfect opportunity for them.