Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

New GM Thread

if Pritchard is a legitimate option he's my number one.

That makes sense and I would be all for that.

That's why it won't happen because Martins doesn't make basketball moves that make sense.

The most important part for me is this.

"Lloyd is so well-respected by his front-office peers, several GMs told The Vertical, that they’ve been reluctant to make recommendations to Orlando about potential candidates because they hoped that Martins and ownership would seriously consider Lloyd’s candidacy."

Are we potentially gonna pass up on the right guy even though he is right under our noses?

He had no role besides being a warm body to give LeBron the contract. LeBron was gonna sign regardless. It was about his legacy.

My 3 year old could've done that.

I was kidding

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources-orlando-magic-interested-cavaliers-gm-david-griffin-143419598.html

Magic are patient enough to wait until after the Finals to talk to Griffin.

We're so dumb

Why is that dumb. We could also be waiting to talk to GS people too. At least they're being patient and not making a hasty decision. If they liked Garrity or another former player they'd have had his introductory press conference by now.

The most important part for me is this.

"Lloyd is so well-respected by his front-office peers, several GMs told The Vertical, that they’ve been reluctant to make recommendations to Orlando about potential candidates because they hoped that Martins and ownership would seriously consider Lloyd’s candidacy."

Are we potentially gonna pass up on the right guy even though he is right under our noses?

I'm all for having Lloyd be our next GM.

Look at the players he has chosen over his career. Especially the bulls.

Didn't take Scott Perry long to find another job.

The Sacramento Kings today hired Scott Perry as Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations, according to General Manager Vlade Divac. Per team policy, terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

Perry will report directly to Divac and assist in all aspects of the day-to-day operation of the Kings front office, including roster management and development, player personnel matters, scouting strategy and free agency negotiations.

“I'm thrilled that Scott will be joining our front office team,” said Divac. “His extensive experience in the league and management talents will help build on our progress as we work to develop a winning franchise.”

Perry joins Sacramento’s front office after serving the last five seasons in a similar capacity with the Orlando Magic. Prior to his time in central Florida, Perry spent parts of 12 seasons with the Pistons as a collegiate scout (2000-02), director of player personnel (2002-2007) and later as Vice President of Basketball Operations (2008-12). Detroit reached the Eastern Conference Finals on six occasions (2003-08), made consecutive appearances in the NBA Finals (2004 and 2005) and won the NBA Title in 2004 during Perry’s tenure. He also served as the Seattle Supersonics assistant general manager in the 2007-08 season, during which the franchise drafted Kevin Durant No. 2 overall.

Why is that dumb. We could also be waiting to talk to GS people too. At least they're being patient and not making a hasty decision. If they liked Garrity or another former player they'd have had his introductory press conference by now.

Waiting for a GM who has no experience in an situation like ours until June?

You don't see the problem there?