Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

New GM Thread

My first priority is to steer clear of Doc. Utah will probably beat the Clips in the first round so the chances of Doc leaving will be a lot higher :(

I think Doc would do good in a Pres of Basketball Ops role. He has great pull with players, vets especially, and is respected (somehow) around the league. Him with Garrity as GM would be a solid situation.

I think Doc would do good in a Pres of Basketball Ops role. He has great pull with players, vets especially, and is respected (somehow) around the league. Him with Garrity as GM would be a solid situation.

If Doc was to be hired, that's the only position I'd hire him for.

He keeps referring to himself as a Clipper in the future though.

Apparently Doc promised Ballmer he'd play out his contract there. thank god.

I don't know if I'd want him as POBO though. isn't that just the same thing as GM except your assistant GM has more day to day responsibilities?

Apparently Doc promised Ballmer he'd play out his contract there. thank god.

I don't know if I'd want him as POBO though. isn't that just the same thing as GM except your assistant GM has more day to day responsibilities?

Here it is because essentially it's the Devos's who actually are the POBO.

Here it is because essentially it's the Devos's who actually are the POBO.

I mean isn't it that way everywhere?

like what does a POBO do? sets a plan. has final decision making over roster decisions. has a final say over hiring staff.

isn't that just a GM except the POBO scouts less than a GM and pushes other duties onto the GM. I think of it the same way college teams have a Head coach and then an associate head coach in charge of offense. There's no real difference between that and an offensive coordinator. it's all a semantic title change.

I mean isn't it that way everywhere?

like what does a POBO do? sets a plan. has final decision making over roster decisions. has a final say over hiring staff.

isn't that just a GM except the POBO scouts less than a GM and pushes other duties onto the GM. I think of it the same way college teams have a Head coach and then an associate head coach in charge of offense. There's no real difference between that and an offensive coordinator. it's all a semantic title change.

Sure but I think we're a bit more one sided. Maybe it's inexperience in such a situation like we've been in the last 5 years.

Martins press conference and his handling of Rob's firing shows it.

Also the pick could have been used in a trade. How anybody can defend the way Otis handled this organization. Is beyond my comprehension.

It is called winning. All I know is we won with him.