Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

New GM Thread

Can someone explain why we would be so interested in him? It doesn't seem like he has really accomplished anything that anyone else wouldn't have done. I am very confused by our interest right now, if the interest is real.

Because...Magic.

Can someone explain why we would be so interested in him? It doesn't seem like he has really accomplished anything that anyone else wouldn't have done. I am very confused by our interest right now, if the interest is real.

we're interested because we want someone with experience building a winning process. It's more of a corporate mindset where you try to steal the CEO of successful companies in order to build a successful management structure.

But I'm with you. While I don't have any issues with the moves Griffin made, it's kind of fake success that's not replicable. He was promoted in 2014 and was given the number one pick as well as LeBron james. Then every additional move has been made with the urging of Lebron and ostensibly unlimited money. Lebron asked for shooting. Griffin traded for JR Smith. Lebron was upset and needed rim protection, Griffin dumped a bunch of picks for Mozgov. Lebron says "you better resign Thompson, I don't care about money because I'm making you boatloads", Griffin resigns Thompson for a huge contract. Lebron demands a backup point guard. Williams falls into his lap.

not *****ing up a sure thing shouldn't be the benchmark for a GM candidate.

we're interested because we want someone with experience building a winning process. It's more of a corporate mindset where you try to steal the CEO of successful companies in order to build a successful management structure.

But I'm with you. While I don't have any issues with the moves Griffin made, it's kind of fake success that's not replicable. He was promoted in 2014 and was given the number one pick as well as LeBron james. Then every additional move has been made with the urging of Lebron and ostensibly unlimited money. Lebron asked for shooting. Griffin traded for JR Smith. Lebron was upset and needed rim protection, Griffin dumped a bunch of picks for Mozgov. Lebron says "you better resign Thompson, I don't care about money because I'm making you boatloads", Griffin resigns Thompson for a huge contract. Lebron demands a backup point guard. Williams falls into his lap.

Yeah, he hasn't made a "bad" move, but he also hasn't really made a "good" deal either. He seems like more of a good soldier, knows the business type than a visionary "I have a plan" type.

Going to your business point, I can see trying to poach someone else's CEO if the CEO is the reason the company has been successful, but lets be honest, most of the moves have been moves pushed for by Lebron, or the obvious moves that everyone was saying they should do (Like getting Love, everyone knew they were making that trade).

We should just wait for LeBron to retire and make him our GM

first act: Sign Shabazz Napier.

second act: hire James Jones as assistant GM.

Are we not looking at him as a PBO with a GM under him?

Yeah, he hasn't made a "bad" move, but he also hasn't really made a "good" deal either. He seems like more of a good soldier, knows the business type than a visionary "I have a plan" type.

Going to your business point, I can see trying to poach someone else's CEO if the CEO is the reason the company has been successful, but lets be honest, most of the moves have been moves pushed for by Lebron, or the obvious moves that everyone was saying they should do (Like getting Love, everyone knew they were making that trade).

Getting Love was dumb IMO. Should've kept Wiggins.

Why? Kevin Love is currently a better player than Wiggins and likely fits better next to Lebron than Wiggins would have.

I am not saying keeping Wiggins would have necessarily been a bad decision, but trading for Love was by no means dumb. Wiggins has never matched the statistical output of Love's worst year, and has done no more winning than Love did while in Minnesota, even with a superior supporting cast.

They just won a championship with Love as a major part of the roster. Your argument makes no sense.

Sure Wiggins has a bright future, but there is no guarantee that he can help you win a championship. Love just proved it.

They just won a championship with Love as a major part of the roster. Your argument makes no sense.

Sure Wiggins has a bright future, but there is no guarantee that he can help you win a championship. Love just proved it.

This

Love made some plays sure but he isn't an elite player. Lebron covers up a lot of other people's mistakes. Chalmers was a solid piece to the Heat's run and make some big plays but is out of the league 2 years after Lebron left.