Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

New GM Thread

Hillary Clinton. She has the toughness to stand up to Martins, and as far as I know, she doesn't currently have a job.

• Upvote 1

My other choice would be Jeff Green. Yes, that Jeff Green. He may be washed up as a player, but he knows the game, and clearly showed the drive and determination last season that we're looking for in a GM.

My other choice would be Jeff Green. Yes, that Jeff Green. He may be washed up as a player, but he knows the game, and clearly showed the drive and determination last season that we're looking for in a GM.

This...it's just...thank you

Zarren or Garrity.

If you don't want Garrity just because he has strong ties to Orlando I don't think that's fair. Everything I've read on him seems to be extremely positive and he's viewed as a really good basketball mind around the NBA.

Great thing about Garrity is that he'll work for free, considering he owes us the last two years from his players contract

felt like this needed it's own topic.

here's Robbins' list of guys he thinks the magic will consider:

Robbins lists four other potential candidates:

•Travis Schlenk — The vice president of basketball operations and assistant GM in Golden State, Schlenk has spent the past 13 years with the Warriors. He also worked as an assistant coach and video scout. Schlenk has ties to Orlando, breaking into the NBA in 1997/98 with the Magic’s basketball operations department.

•Brian Wright — The assistant GM in San Antonio started as a summer intern with Orlando in 2006. He spent eight years with the Magic and served as director of college scouting before leaving to take an assistant GM’s role with the Pistons.

•Pat Garrity — A former Magic player, Garrity is among the league’s rising stars in the front office. He is currently associate GM in Detroit.

•Michael Zarren — Boston’s assistant GM was recently tabbed by ESPN as among the top candidates to land a full-time GM job. He is a Harvard Law School graduate and serves as lead in-house counsel for the Celtics.

Schlenk and Zarren were on my list.

Bunch of scrubs.... Let some other team try them out.... Tired of the "potential". Same crap was said about Hennigan... No thanks to all.... I'd rather re-hire Otis Smith.

Bunch of scrubs.... Let some other team try them out.... Tired of the "potential". Same crap was said about Hennigan... No thanks to all.... I'd rather re-hire Otis Smith.

Every other available gm with experience has been fired for some reason

Last I heard Otis is employed in a position he is better suited for....changing out the urinal cakes in the Detroit minor league arena. Please never mention Otis Smith as our GM again it took me three years to complete my therapy and I dont want a relapse.

Last I heard Otis is employed in a position he is better suited for....changing out the urinal cakes in the Detroit minor league arena. Please never mention Otis Smith as our GM again it took me three years to complete my therapy and I dont want a relapse.

At least he helped us get to the playoffs and the finals.

Every other available gm with experience has been fired for some reason

Yea I don't know what people want. If your a great GM with proven experience, news flash, you're already employed. There aren't just great GM's sitting around. One of those guys from that list will end up being really good. Maybe a couple of them. We just have to hire the right one for once.

I think, aside from a new GM, we would be wise to hire a president of B-ball Ops who is actually familiar with building a team

All these guys would be first time GMs, and while that isn't necessarily bad, it could be useful to have someone with actual basketball experience in a leadership role instead of Martins being in charge

If we're going to be nepotistic we might as well hire Shaq as president of bball operations with a legit GM (like Matt Lloyd) working under him. At least he'd create some buzz...

I don't think I'm serious but not a lot of the realistic options fill me with hope.