Sign in to follow this  
Magicman28

Henny has been fired!

I don't think any of us are qualified to say "no thanks" to anyone without knowing actual credentials.

Matt Lloyd sounds good for the same reason Hennigan sounded good- a decent to good eye for talent in the Draft. I think that is important, but whoever comes here needs to be a better negotiator and better at getting free agents who actually fit the team.

As CEO, Martins played the integral role in hiring Hennigan. He also endorsed Hennigan’s overall strategy and also supervised Hennigan. What will Martins’ role be going forward as it relates to basketball decisions?

Will any big-name, established candidate want a job as the Magic’s president of basketball operations if they don’t report directly — and only — to the DeVos family?

And, finally, how will Hennigan’s successor, whomever it is, make up the talent gap that separates the team from its competition?

A lot of smoke coming from Martins office.

Matt Lloyd sounds good for the same reason Hennigan sounded good- a decent to good eye for talent in the Draft. I think that is important, but whoever comes here needs to be a better negotiator and better at getting free agents who actually fit the team.

They just can't fire everyone. Need someone to carry on day to day until someone is interviewed and hired. It's a process.

They just can't fire everyone. Need someone to carry on day to day until someone is interviewed and hired. It's a process.

Oh, I know- just hope we can bring a guy in that can create a well run organization for once. (I know it might be difficult with the people on top)

In Robbins' recent story he finally states explicitly that Martins hired Skiles even though Hennigan protested the move.

Henny didn't get a fair shake. He should've been able to choose his coach, work with him and got the chance to actually continue with his plan.

Since Rob is fired, Martins should be next without hesitation. He was the one who deviated from the plan just to get his boy an job. He was one of the biggest reasons why we're here as of today.

Regardless of what you think about hennigan, we're going to be in trouble long term if the non-basketball people keep meddling with the basketball plans.

1. Hire a guy you trust.

2. let him shape his vision

3. get the ***** out of the way.

they can provide guidance. they can provide the perspective of ownership. They shouldn't be hiring coaches or adjusting plans on the fly.

Regardless of what you think about hennigan, we're going to be in trouble long term if the non-basketball people keep meddling with the basketball plans.

1. Hire a guy you trust.

2. let him shape his vision

3. get the ***** out of the way.

they can provide guidance. they can provide the perspective of ownership. They shouldn't be hiring coaches or adjusting plans on the fly.

Damn right and this is why I stood up for Rob. Doesn't matter who you bring until the mindset on how this organization manage changes.

Get the ***** out of the way!! Stay in your lane!!