Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

lol, that's funny. I came up with the exact deal.

haha! Great minds think alike... I wouldn't be excited about Carmelo, but I wouldn't be excited about another year of the same lineup either.. If we did do that hypothetical deal, I'd want Monk.

I think so too.

but

phil is doing his best this afternoon to burn that bridge. and nobody else is stupid enough to trade something significant for him. so there's a meeting in june. Carmelo "ok, im done, i'll waive the no trade clause just to get out of here. what are my options?" Phil "there aren't any options, the only team with a legitimate offer is the magic." Carmelo "fine, whatever, just get me out of here".

There are always offers. Carmelo holds the power here. Whether Phil thinks the return is good enough means very little if his ultimate goal is to get rid of Melo.

There are always offers. Carmelo holds the power here. Whether Phil thinks the return is good enough means very little if his ultimate goal is to get rid of Melo.

Yeah, he'll probably wind up in Cleveland for Tristan Thompson, Kyle Korver and a couple future firsts and he and LeBron will finally get to complete their dream of playing with each other.

Melo is terrible and is probably like 2-3 years from retirement.

This.

Trading for Melo would be such a desperate near sighted move. All the roster combinations you guys are naming with Melo is still a crappy team--maybe 6th seed at best.

What's the point?

So we'll have Melo for a couple of years, be a middle of the pack team in the East but nothing close to a true contender--and than just do a rebuild once Melo retires?

Honestly a move like that would be the last straw for me. That's nothing more than a band-aid fix. I would hope a GM we bring in would see that.

But it does make some sense for a quick fix and I could see plenty of fans going to Amway and getting excited again, so I'm totally concerned it could happen. This has Doc Rivers written all over it if he comes here.

This.

Trading for Melo would be such a desperate near sighted move. All the roster combinations you guys are naming with Melo is still a crappy team--maybe 6th seed at best.

What's the point?

So we'll have Melo for a couple of years, be a middle of the pack team in the East but nothing close to a true contender--and than just do a rebuild once Melo retires?

Honestly a move like that would be the last straw for me. That's nothing more than a band-aid fix. I would hope a GM we bring in would see that.

But it does make some sense for a quick fix and I could see plenty of fans going to Amway and getting excited again, so I'm totally concerned it could happen. This has Doc Rivers written all over it if he comes here.

Yeah. That was me.

"Looks like melo is on his way out of ny. But what team would be dumb enough to... oh... oh god no."

Yeah. That was me.

"Looks like melo is on his way out of ny. But what team would be dumb enough to... oh... oh god no."

We just have to hope Melo has ZERO interest in coming here. Because, yes, we are for sure one of the few teams that could be dumb enough.

Yeah. That was me.

Hope Doc cements himself in LA by making a great trade for Melo.

I could see Magic Johnson and Phil hammering out a deal for players only and then if the Lakers stay top 3 ghey trade it and their 2-19 1st for another good player. I ex[ect Magic will turn that team around in a hurry.