Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

Brooklyn is shopping around Lin(12 millions over the next 2 years). I think we should at least consider him as an option. I am not sure what to give in return but Maybe the likes of Augustin and Meeks? I dont think they will be interested in Vuc as they have a very similar player in Mozgov and Fournier will be too much in my opinion.

Can't trade Meeks

Can we get a breakdown of teams that are likely in play for a VUC trade?

My list

1. Boston

2. Buck.

3. Houston

4. Atlanta

5. Maybe Brooklyn

6. Golden State

7. Dallas

8. San Antonio

Looking at the list, I dont think we are getting anything of value out of any of this teams other than more salary back.

Fournier. I think, he holds more value and can be traded to any team in need of a reliable SG. However, His salary is not longer attractive as the salary cap went down.

Augustine. I dont see any team taking his salary unless we include a pick.

Biyombo. I thing we will need to ride his salary for the next 2 years. Toronto is the only team might be interested in my opinion but they will be over the cap if they sign lowry. It will have to be done before they sign Lowry.

I think we will need to go with what we have this year and not do any HENNY like trade or signing. We will be in a better position next year with some expiring contracts that are going to be more valuable in a trade. (vuc, Ross, Biyombo which has a player option for 2019)

So why are we looking to add better veterans again? Are we not rebuilding?

We are rebuilding. Think of it as everyone not named Isaac has a year or less to show the FO what they have.

I can't believe EP and AG are going into year 4... Crazy. Hoping AG in particular makes a leap this year. 15,8,2,1,1 on 45/33/75 shooting would be something like what I'm hoping for.

They better play exceptional defense, because the 7 guys you listed averaged a combined 72 points per game last year (includes Isaac's 12 ppg for FSU).

Well i imagine they'd take more than the 59.6 fga per game between those 7 players last year. You gotta figure you can make up that offense with the other 27.4 missing attempts per game

I can't believe EP and AG are going into year 4... Crazy. Hoping AG in particular makes a leap this year. 15,8,2,1,1 on 45/33/75 shooting would be something like what I'm hoping for.

I think your fg% is too low. Dude shot 50/28/84 post all star.

Brooklyn is shopping around Lin(12 millions over the next 2 years). I think we should at least consider him as an option. I am not sure what to give in return but Maybe the likes of Augustin and Meeks? I dont think they will be interested in Vuc as they have a very similar player in Mozgov and Fournier will be too much in my opinion.

Vuc is better than Mozgov. Pair him and Augustin, add a second rounder if needed, and we can get Lin plus something else (an expiring?) to match salary.

Lin would be great. He can shoot and create, and he would be fine either starting or coming off the bench. He was really big for Charlotte when he was there. I also have a bias towards Lin as a player, so there's that.

Biyombo/Zimmermann

Gordon/Isaac

Fournier/Mario

Ross/Iwundu

Payton/Lin

Portland is in tax trouble, send a 2nd for Ed Davis as a bouncy 4/5 reserve while you see what Isaac can handle

Isaac obviously gets minutes in different spots

Lin can play next to Payton for stretches

Mario gets 2 and 3 minutes, Iwundu should spend time in Lakeland

Gotta trade away Fournier/Vuch/DJ/Biz and tank this year.

The goal should be a top 5 pick next year. I'm as anti Payton as anyone but I'm hoping he kills it next year and can be our guy.

Next year's draft is loaded with bigs.

Payton/Mario/Issac/AG/ Bamba or Ayton

Showtime.

Obviously big if's with Payton and Mario. But I'll be optimistic for once.

• Upvote 1

Gotta trade away Fournier/Vuch/DJ/Biz and tank this year.

The goal should be a top 5 pick next year. I'm as anti Payton as anyone but I'm hoping he kills it next year and can be our guy.

Next year's draft is loaded with bigs.

Payton/Mario/Issac/AG/ Bamba or Ayton

Showtime.

Obviously big if's with Payton and Mario. But I'll be optimistic for once.

Agreed. Payton should be the ultimate distributor and not rely on shooting if Mario/Isaac/AG can carry the scoring load. Those three could create some fantastic matchup nightmares.

• Upvote 1