Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

I agree 100%. It's nothing personal, he just doesn't have the shooting skills to be a starting PG in the NBA. He WOULD make a great bench PG though. I hope when it is time to talk about extending Payton, Gordon, and Mario that new management bases their decision on this season's performance and NOT what position they were drafted.

The thing about extensions is they have to happen before the season

The thing about extensions is they have to happen before the season

In that case we should not extend any of them. It's a contract year so let them play it out and let RFA status set their market value and decide if we want to keep them.

In that case we should not extend any of them. It's a contract year so let them play it out and let RFA status set their market value and decide if we want to keep them.

That might be the smart move. There's less money out there next summer.

But lately waiting means dealing with other teams overpaying and having to match max contracts for players who don't deserve max contracts.

I'd agree on that except for with maybe Gordon. It might be worth locking him up with an extension.

Considering Otto Porter signed for $106 million for 4 years as a RFA, we may have to pay some big bucks. I say at least offer to extend Gordon as long as it is fair and not a low ball offer. 9 teams are projected to be under the cap next year down from 14 last year and 27 the year before which is in our favor and the fact we can match is also in our favor. Not in our favor is Lakers can create 2 max spaces, 76's and Hawks will have $40 mil to spend, and Bulls will have $50 mil. There are some big time free agents but, as usual, most will sign with their current teams. If Gordon has a good year then it is a good possibility he could get "Otto Porter" offer. And I think it could come from the 76'er's, maybe the Lakers if they fail to get any of the big guys. I am thinking for Gordon and his agent to agree to extend it will take $20 mil per year like 5 year for $100 mil. No matter what if he has a good year it is going to cost us some money, probably more than $20 mil/year

Considering Otto Porter signed for $106 million for 4 years as a RFA, we may have to pay some big bucks. I say at least offer to extend Gordon as long as it is fair and not a low ball offer. 9 teams are projected to be under the cap next year down from 14 last year and 27 the year before which is in our favor and the fact we can match is also in our favor. Not in our favor is Lakers can create 2 max spaces, 76's and Hawks will have $40 mil to spend, and Bulls will have $50 mil. There are some big time free agents but, as usual, most will sign with their current teams. If Gordon has a good year then it is a good possibility he could get "Otto Porter" offer. And I think it could come from the 76'er's, maybe the Lakers if they fail to get any of the big guys. I am thinking for Gordon and his agent to agree to extend it will take $20 mil per year like 5 year for $100 mil. No matter what if he has a good year it is going to cost us some money, probably more than $20 mil/year

Gordon is our franchise player and will need to be treated as one. He's a lot better than Fournier. Extend him, if he's willing to be extended. Let Payton play this season and see where it goes from there...

Gordon is our franchise player and will need to be treated as one. He's a lot better than Fournier. Extend him, if he's willing to be extended. Let Payton play this season and see where it goes from there...

I wouldn't extend Gordon if he wants more than the 4/84 that oladipo got.

That might be the smart move. There's less money out there next summer.

But lately waiting means dealing with other teams overpaying and having to match max contracts for players who don't deserve max contracts.

I don't think any of those 3 guys have shown anything to warrant max contracts. Maybe offer Gordon 4/84 but the other 2 I think (hope) we would have traded if there were any teams showing serious interest. The only logical reason I can come with that we didn't draft DSJ is that we couldn't find a taker for Payton. Personally I would have traded him for a pack of gum and took DSJ without any hesitation.

I don't think any of those 3 guys have shown anything to warrant max contracts. Maybe offer Gordon 4/84 but the other 2 I think (hope) we would have traded if there were any teams showing serious interest. The only logical reason I can come with that we didn't draft DSJ is that we couldn't find a taker for Payton. Personally I would have traded him for a pack of gum and took DSJ without any hesitation.

source.gif

If we wanted DSJ we would have taken him. We didn't... Moving on.