Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

yeah, especially unprecedented events. During Katrina or Sandy you could blame a lot of the issues on a governmental entity because there was evidence of poor infrastructure contributing to the disaster.

I have no idea how anyone could plan for 50+ inches of water being dumped on a city over a long weekend. Its almost incomprehensible. It rains a lot in Orlando. It rains an average of 50.7 inches per year. Houston got that in 5 days. I don't know how anyone could ever expect to deal with that.

I was shocked when it was forecasted to drop 30 inches. now its at 50! that's absurd.

I remember back in 2004 Frances felt like a never ending monsoon and that was only something like 12 inches.

Nope no climate change going on here. I hope the insurance companies pay up and not abandon people like they did in homestead!

Nope no climate change going on here. I hope the insurance companies pay up and not abandon people like they did in homestead!

Yeah wasn't it state farm that wanted to pull out of Florida entirely?

Keep me updated. Having a strict job phone/ tv wise sucks.

Montenegro has a point guard named Tyrese Rice who played college for Virginia and he's just jacking up shots. They have really bad coaching.

Vucevic is struggling against against the Gasol brothers. No room for him to operate and no point guard that wants to get him easy buckets.

Latvia-Serbia is about to come back from halftime. We have the rights to Janis Timma who's the starting SF for Latvia next to Porzingis. That game should be better.

7 saddest rebuilding situations

THE GOOD: If you've missed the last 30 free agency periods, Florida has no state income tax, which apparently helps recruit free agents. Also, Aaron Gordon's dunks are cool as hell.

THE BAD: The Magic are paying Bismack Biyombo and NikolaVucevic over $29 million combined next season. Gordon would have maybe been good by now if Orlando hadn’t signed 34 forwards to ensure he would play out of position for most of his career. And D.J. Augustin may end up starting for this team at point guard because Elfrid Payton can’t shoot further than his hair can grow. Despite all of this, the Magic (and Frank Vogel!) will somehow win enough games to prevent themselves from engaging in a full-on tank. This isn’t a treadmill of mediocrity. This is a treadmill of bad but not quite bad enough to make being bad worth it.

THE UGLY: Orlando hasn’t been the same since Courtney Lee blew that layup in the Finals and Hedo Turkoglu traded in conditioning for cigarettes. At least most of the other teams on this list have committed to being terrible. The Magic don’t quite seem to realize they're awful, which is maybe the most worrisome part of their rebuild.

https://www.si.com/n...icks-bulls-nets

[/size]

Disagree. So much of our issue last year was poor management of roster to match with a very poor second unit. We addressed this by putting Gordon back at the PF position where he belongs and filling the second unit with trusted vets. I personally don't think we are as bad as many people think we are. We have a lot of youth, but with patience comes growth. This team will click this year, as long as they are utilizing a system where the players' strengths can thrive.

[/size]

Love the movie motif for our current state. Cannot disagree like Catalina even though her one statement of our youth and potential direction is spot on (Isaac and Gordon together will be special). We cannot afford to pay the center position $29+million much longer. Since Biz has no trade value it will have to be Vuc and I like Vuc. Then hopefully we will lose enough this year to get one of the top 10--3 or 4 centers in next year's draft unless we get lucky and get the #1 pick and can get Doncic. With Payton and Gordon going to restricted status this summer (assuming no extension) salary cap will become a huge issue and a rookie's salary structure (the rookie center previously mentioned) vital to making this work. (in the KI trade Cleveland insisted on a rookie salary structure and they got the Nets # pick plus the center). Good GM's know that and I think ours does too. Our salary cap guru may be our most important asset. I think we are bad (bad mediocre) right now but with the right moves (need one more good rookie, trade a center) we could , because of our good young players, get to GOOD. Would love to see some wins but not at the expense of our future. Catch 22!