Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

Lol Mauro starting to look like EP

If Embiid and Simmons stay fit this season they will be good. If Fultz blends into the team quickly I can see them being 9 games better than us.

Yeah healthy embiid might be a top 10 player.

But embiid is like 200:30 in missed games to played games so it might be moot. Betting against Philly is betting that embiid misses 40 games

I would probably take the over on that if I wanted to bet. I think we are going to be around 35-36 wins this year unless everything falls apart again (which it might! (knocking on all of the wood))

33.5 may be the max only because the East is so weak. West will be brutal (30 games home and away I think) and I see us realistically going 6-24 (8-22 at the best) vs the West. Leaves us little wiggle room in the East to get to 33-34 wins-- if we win 8 vs the West would need 25 (25-27) or 26 (26-26) wins vs the East. Cannot see many wins vs Cleveland, Boston, Washington, or Toronto and Charlotte (who only improved) owned us last year. Next season depends on improvement of our players AND management not trading (probably at the All Star break) any starters for the future. We will need a good start (Nov and Dec) to have a chance. If FO uses this year to evaluate and monitor progress, as has been indicated, it will be up to the players to get wins to convince FO to keep everyone!! Hoping for the best but being realistic at the same time.

33.5 may be the max only because the East is so weak. West will be brutal (30 games home and away I think) and I see us realistically going 6-24 (8-22 at the best) vs the West. Leaves us little wiggle room in the East to get to 33-34 wins-- if we win 8 vs the West would need 25 (25-27) or 26 (26-26) wins vs the East. Cannot see many wins vs Cleveland, Boston, Washington, or Toronto and Charlotte (who only improved) owned us last year. Next season depends on improvement of our players AND management not trading (probably at the All Star break) any starters for the future. We will need a good start (Nov and Dec) to have a chance. If FO uses this year to evaluate and monitor progress, as has been indicated, it will be up to the players to get wins to convince FO to keep everyone!! Hoping for the best but being realistic at the same time.

We've averaged 11 wins per season against the West over the past 3 years and our worst mark was 9 wins last year.

We get to play bad west teams (phoenix, Dallas, Lakers, Sacramento, utah) 10 times.

We get to play the clippers at home on three days rest without Blake Griffin.

We'll have more than 6 wins. Probably 10

Yeah healthy embiid might be a top 10 player.

But embiid is like 200:30 in missed games to played games so it might be moot. Betting against Philly is betting that embiid misses 40 games

What's the over under on embid's games played total this season? 20? And who knows how Simmons or fultz will play. So to say it's a given that they will even be better at all than us is suspect.

What's the over under on embid's games played total this season? 20? And who knows how Simmons or fultz will play. So to say it's a given that they will even be better at all than us is suspect.

Its not a given. its a gamble by definition.

if things go well they might be great. fultz-redick-covington-simmons-embiid McConnell-stauskas-luwawu-amir Johnson-Saric is a good 10 man rotation.

if things don't go well they might be bad.

if their win total was 35 I don't know if I'd pick the over or the under. if it was 29 I don't know if I'd pick the over or the under. if it was 45 I'd pick the under.

It's really something how events like these can make us feel so small.

yeah, especially unprecedented events. During Katrina or Sandy you could blame a lot of the issues on a governmental entity because there was evidence of poor infrastructure contributing to the disaster.

I have no idea how anyone could plan for 50+ inches of water being dumped on a city over a long weekend. Its almost incomprehensible. It rains a lot in Orlando. It rains an average of 50.7 inches per year. Houston got that in 5 days. I don't know how anyone could ever expect to deal with that.

I was shocked when it was forecasted to drop 30 inches. now its at 50! that's absurd.

I remember back in 2004 Frances felt like a never ending monsoon and that was only something like 12 inches.