Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

the problem with this thought process is it considers Vucevic's ridiculous mid-range shooting in 14-15 and 15-16 to be who he is rather than weird peaks. I don't think it's right to expect him to hit 48% of his deep twos. 42% seems closer to what we should expect.

The way he'll bounce back is taking more shots at the rim but I'm not sure that will have a positive team impact as posting a guy up hurts ball movement. Also, putting him at the rim underutilizes his passing.

So it's kinda a catch 22 and why I don't think he'll bounce back. More deep twos = lower scoring efficiency but better passing and better team offense. More post play = higher scoring efficiency but worst passing and worse team offense.

I don't think him being under the rim is any better. I don't remember the numbers but at some point we determined he is really bad under the rim.

I don't think him being under the rim is any better. I don't remember the numbers but at some point we determined he is really bad under the rim.

he's not bad. He's just not good enough to justify being featured.

the problem with this thought process is it considers Vucevic's ridiculous mid-range shooting in 14-15 and 15-16 to be who he is rather than weird peaks. I don't think it's right to expect him to hit 48% of his deep twos. 42% seems closer to what we should expect.

The way he'll bounce back is taking more shots at the rim but I'm not sure that will have a positive team impact as posting a guy up hurts ball movement. Also, putting him at the rim underutilizes his passing.

So it's kinda a catch 22 and why I don't think he'll bounce back. More deep twos = lower scoring efficiency but better passing and better team offense. More post play = higher scoring efficiency but worst passing and worse team offense.

Made me think of this article from awhile ago,

https://bballbreakdown.com/2015/11/02/nik-vucevic-modern-post/

If you’ve ever wanted to play pro basketball, now’s your chance to prove yourself.

The Lakeland Magic, the NBA G League affiliate of the Orlando Magic, have announced open tryouts. They’ll take place Saturday, September 23rd from 9 AM-1:30 PM at Polk State College, located at 999 Avenue H NE in Winter Haven, ZIP code 33881. Lakeland Magic coaches and staff will be in attendance to evaluate all the athletes.

You can pre-register now through September 20th at www.lakelandmagic.com by placing a non-refundable deposit in the amount of $150 and submitting some paperwork. Walk-up registration is allowed, but is subject to availability and a non-refundable deposit of $200. The Magic can only accommodate a maximum of 100 tryouts, so registering early is recommended.

If you have more questions regarding the tryout, please contact the Lakeland Magic at 863 825 3258 or LakelandGLeague@nbalakeland.com.

Tryouts are closed to the public, so please don’t show up hoping to spectate.

If you do choose to try out: may the odds be ever in your favor, or may the Force be with you, or whichever other fandom greeting you prefer.

Franchise players welcome...

[/size]

Franchise players welcome...

Wow. So I got my AA degree there last fall and currently working on my BA in business there.

Annnd I'm 39.

10-15 years ago I would've jumped at this.

Wow. So I got my AA degree there last fall and currently working on my BA in business there.

Annnd I'm 39.

Size?

Annnd I'm 39.

Never too late!