Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

The end of the season ends perfectly. 10 of the last 14 games at home and the final 11 games are Philly phoenix Brooklyn Chicago Atlanta new York Dallas Charlotte Toronto mil Washington

Ahhhh...where have I seen this before...nothing says frustration like winning 5 games at the end of a meaningless season and drafting #7 instead of #2 and then saying the ping pong balls didnt fall our way. Don't say I didn't tell you!

Ahhhh...where have I seen this before...nothing says frustration like winning 5 games at the end of a meaningless season and drafting #7 instead of #2 and then saying the ping pong balls didnt fall our way. Don't say I didn't tell you!

eh, if we're in line to pick #2 in late march we might as well stop playing basketball.

The end of the season ends perfectly. 10 of the last 14 games at home and the final 11 games are Philly phoenix Brooklyn Chicago Atlanta new York Dallas Charlotte Toronto mil Washington

I'm not sure what you mean by perfect? I think we might win 5 of the last 11 barring an outlier performance. The south side of .500 ball at the end of the season is the worst possible outcome for any team.

I'm not sure what you mean by perfect? I think we might win 5 of the last 11 barring an outlier performance. The south side of .500 ball at the end of the season is the worst possible outcome for any team.

Almost all games at home against 8 teams that don't project as playoff teams. Can't get much more favorable than that

Rebuild 2.0, trade EVERYONE

We should know by the trade deadline whether rebuild 2.0 is necessary. This team is a bundle of ifs right now. If Gordon takes the next step, if surrounding Payton with shooters, etc. Seems to me that if we aren't over .500 on January 1 OR if Gordon/Payton don't appear to be long term building blocks, there is no choice but to tear it down again. No point putting the team in a worse cap situation by resigning players to big deals if they aren't long term building blocks. Ship them off for some future value, clear the decks and hope like hell you hit with the next rebuild.

Rebuild 2.0, trade EVERYONE

Bear in mind that Gordon and Payton will want far more than they deserve this off season and someone will pony up. I wouldnt doubt both are moved before that inevitable decision (hopefully not for two second rounders).

We should know by the trade deadline whether rebuild 2.0 is necessary. This team is a bundle of ifs right now. If Gordon takes the next step, if surrounding Payton with shooters, etc. Seems to me that if we aren't over .500 on January 1 OR if Gordon/Payton don't appear to be long term building blocks, there is no choice but to tear it down again. No point putting the team in a worse cap situation by resigning players to big deals if they aren't long term building blocks. Ship them off for some future value, clear the decks and hope like hell you hit with the next rebuild.

eh I don't know if the limit has to be .500 by January first but we probably need to be within striking distance of that to survive January. the benchmark needs to be something like 17-20 so if we go 4-9 in January and 5-6 in February we at least have a fighting chance of going 11-10 in March and April which could get us into the playoffs if the east sucks.

lets break this down by months. Bold are second nights of back to backs

October:

Vs Miami

@ Brooklyn

@Cleveland

vs Brooklyn

vs San Antonio

@ Charlotte

@ New Orleans

We need 3 wins out of this group to be on schedule.

November:

@ Memphis

vs Chicago

vs Boston

Vs New York

@ Phx

@ Den

@ GS

@ Por

vs Utah

vs Indy

@ Minnesota

@ Boston

@ philly

@ Indiana

vs OKC

need 7-8 wins out of this group

December:

vs GS

@ NY

@ Charlotte

vs Atlanta

vs Denver

@ Atlanta

Vs LAC (probably without blake griffin)

vs Por

@ Detroit

@ Chicago

vs Nola

@ wash

@ Miami

vs Detroit

vs Miami

need 7-8 wins here

we should be at 18 wins

January

@ Brooklyn

vs Houston

vs Cleveland

@ dallas

@ Mil

@ Wash

vs Min

@ Cle

@ bos

vs Sac

@ Indy (get a weird 3 days off before this game)

@ Hou

vs LA

Need 4 wins

February:

vs Wash

@ Miami

vs Cleveland

vs Atlanta

vs Mil

@ Chicago

vs Charlotte

AS BREAK