Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

I don't understand the meaning of that post. Does this mean he's actually a good defensive player?

It means when vucevic actually defends he might be a good defender.

if a player blows a rotation and lets the guy drive to the hoop he's not considered the defender on that play. There's still an element of an eye test on defense that you can't really escape.

This proves that with a good team, Vucevic CAN be a GREAT player. We underestimate him too much on these boards. He has a great contract. I would say he's better than Biyombo and should be our starting center.

Vucevic in his most efficient year would have been the 202nd most efficient offensive player in the nba last year.

Vucevic in his most efficient year would have been the 202nd most efficient offensive player in the nba last year.

You suggest with our current roster on starting Biyombo over him? I thought that earlier this year, but Biyombo is such an awful offensive player. Curious, you think longterm Biyombo is our guy under the new regime?

You suggest with our current roster on starting Biyombo over him? I thought that earlier this year, but Biyombo is such an awful offensive player. Curious, you think longterm Biyombo is our guy under the new regime?

We need biyombo to go back to being rim protecting biyombo. Forget Toronto where opponents shot 10% worse with biyombo defending within 6 feet. In 13-14 it was 18.4%worse. We have a weird trend of players coming here and then their games completely fall off and it needs to stop

We have a weird trend of players coming here and then their games completely fall off and it needs to stop

I just think our recent coaches don't have a clue at putting together a cohesive team. No gameplan at all. No playing for your players strengths etc.

This cracked me up because its so true

its crazy.

Watson had more total points in the 57 games played for Indiana during the 14-15 season than he did in his 95 total games with us and his three point percentage dropped 10%.

Augustin was actually decent in Denver

Green went from being an empty stats player to a no stats player

Frye's scoring dropped substantially then went to Cleveland and it climbed back up to pre-magic levels.

it's like Ibaka and Jason Smith in the list of veteran players who improved during their time here.

We're the Bizarro Spurs. That's why I'm so worried about Jonathon Simmons

yeah. there's not a huge track record of the spurs regretting players leaving.

Simmons is weird because there's as much evidence of him being terrible as him being great so the people being optimistic in simmons are completely fair to be optimistic as are the pessimists.

I just think our recent coaches don't have a clue at putting together a cohesive team. No gameplan at all. No playing for your players strengths etc.

Our team is not structured appropriately. We don't spread the floor well. Players' roles are also not so well-defined.

so simmons played important minutes in 12 playoff games this year. 10 were blowouts. His two best games came in a 36 point loss to golden state and a 39 point win against Houston.

he scored in double figures 17 times last regular season. 14 were games decided by 10+ points.

but a lot of those were blowout wins that he had a big part of so what do you do with those?

and when he was given minutes he played poorly. But those were often when San Antonio rested half the team.

so you basically have to throw out his entire career as a predictive model because it wasn't under normal circumstances. And you're basically left with "the only guy who didn't give up when Kawhi went down".