Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

Mario is still garbage until further notice, which is likely 1/2 way into the NBA season.

I dont think he is garbage at all. I dont know why people are giving a hard time. This is the first year he is really spending time in the offseason to improve his game and surely seems he is working on his jump shot.

I am, for once, glad to see him putting the works.

Lets give him a break and see how he performs this season. Until then, I reserve my judgement.

Speaking of Instagram--he needs stop taking offence and responding to people who say anything negative about him on there. He's responded to me twice and I wasn't saying anything a professional athlete should be taking exception to. He's thin skinned.

What exactly you said?

Pretty quiet on here this time of year so I'll throw out a question, if anyone's interested. Do you think substantive changes are still coming to this roster before the season starts, or is what we see pretty much what we get (not talking about adding a guy at the end of the bench)?

I'd be very disappointed if we kept the same starting lineup

Speaking of Instagram--he needs stop taking offence and responding to people who say anything negative about him on there. He's responded to me twice and I wasn't saying anything a professional athlete should be taking exception to. He's thin skinned.

Aren't you a little old to be trolling athletes on social media?

I dont think he is garbage at all. I dont know why people are giving a hard time. This is the first year he is really spending time in the offseason to improve his game and surely seems he is working on his jump shot.

I am, for once, glad to see him putting the works.

Lets give him a break and see how he performs this season. Until then, I reserve my judgement.

This is exactly WHY he IS garbage. He's JUST NOW getting around to improving his shot? Now that he is buried at the end of the bench? Well at least they have a special time for him, "garbage time!"

This is exactly WHY he IS garbage. He's JUST NOW getting around to improving his shot? Now that he is buried at the end of the bench? Well at least they have a special time for him, "garbage time!"

He had a shot but he monkeyed with it. He wanted a faster release.

Examples please :shard:

True. He should know better than to stoop down to our level.

You are been too emotional here.

He was a very good shooter playing several years in Europe prior joining the NBA. He was considered to be, by many a great shooter. His game somehow did not translated well in the NBA due to likely poor playing time, multiple coach changes or just pace of the game.

He tried to adjust last year by releasing the ball faster which didnt help.

He is now working On his technique and trying to play off the ball. Now, everyone is criticizing him for putting the work. That is all what we want from him now. I am not a fan of him but still believe in his potential. Whether that is been a great bench role player for us or Someone can bring some decent talent on a potential future trade.

Will see how he does this year but to say he is garbage at this point is childish. He is still a very young player and continues to work on his game.

He is only 22 years of age. Very similar age range as some of this year first round picks in semi ojele, justin Jackson,Luke, among others.

I think we're set. This will be the team we roll with until at least the end of the year and the new signings become tradeable. I think Kyrie gets traded before preseason, but I have no reason to believe that he's coming here.

A number of folks have said basically what Air Gordon said above, which is that the players we've got, with possibly only a minor change or two, will likely be the group we start the season with. Which leads to my second question: We appear to have a bit of a logjam at the 2/3 currently with more people expecting to get time than we have time to give. Fournier, Ross, Simmons, Afflalo, Hezonja, and Iwundu, and even possibly Isaac unless we think Gordon and Isaac will never play together. Even if Iwundu never sees the floor, it's still going to be difficult finding PT for 5-6 guys in two positions, unless we plan to use an 11 man rotation. And we also have a similar problem at PF, with Gordon, Speights and Isaac. Other than Iwundu, I don't think any of the names I listed above are going to be happy with very limited minutes.

How do we handle that issue?