Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

also. this whole global kyrie discussion is showing how people value Kyrie differently.

on one side you have Bill Simmons suggesting Memphis trade conley and gasol for kyrie. This is the "look at what kyrie does for you in the finals" stance.

But with Kyrie's issues, is he really that more valuable than Conley, Lillard, wall, etc? Maybe in the fourth quarter of a playoff game. but what about during the season?

I'll take Lillard over both Irving and Conley. In my opinion Memphis was absolutely insane to pay Conley the money that they did. He wasn't worth the richest PG contract in the league. DLillard is the total package.

I'll take Lillard over both Irving and Conley. In my opinion Memphis was absolutely insane to pay Conley the money that they did. He wasn't worth the richest PG contract in the league. DLillard is the total package.

Lillard can't play defense so how is he the whole package?

fwiw Payton shot 50% in the last 30 seconds when games were within 5 points. Fournier shot 33/17/77 and had 4 turnovers.

How many possessions did he have those 4 turnovers out of?

We complained because Hennigan was bad at tanking.

Also what exciting pieces?

We were not bad at tanking, we were horrific at tanking. If we would have been good at tanking we would have had Porzingis and we would have had the 4th pick this year (which turned into the 5th pick). We should follow Philly's lead on how to tank and do it for one more year. One more piece to the puzzle in 2018, along with some good additions this summer, could put us in a strong position.

I am on board with "exciting pieces". AG and Isaac are two of those exciting pieces. Could become the the most formidable duo (in terms of matchup problems) at SF and PF in the East and can guard up to all 5 positions. Isaac, just 3 years removed form playing PG in high school, can handle the ball, good shooter who will get better (good FT shooting proves that), can guard 5 positions, rebound, block shots--perfect fit for today's NBA. IF AG improves shooting, which I think he will, he has most of the other talents to fit today's NBA. Magic need to play Hezonja and Payton to determine their future and hopefully it will be good. Same with Biz. For all the comments on disappointing performances, mine starts with Biz first. For $17 million we need a whole lot more out of Biz. I do not think we saw any numbers resembling anything close to what he did at Toronto (I recollect some double digit scoring and rebounding games in Toronto when he did start) in any game for us. Never saw anything like Games 3 and 4 in the East finals against Cleveland. We could use that player and that would be an exciting piece.

Unless everyone dramatically improves I cannot see us beating out Miami, Charlotte, Milwaukee, or Philly (if healthy), maybe even Detroit for the remaining playoff spots after Cavs, Celts, Wizards, and Toronto (solid playoff teams). I would rather trade off assets and have a top 5 pick next year and follow the Philly model. Especially since it appears Irving is headed elsewhere. We can get back faster that way.

Nobody was considering blowing up their team to build around Lewis or Turk.

And neither are nowhere near as good as Irving. He's shown he can take over games scoring wise.

Magic waive Marcus Georges-Hunt

WOW!!!!. Did not see that one coming especially after his summer league performance (best of all players statistically). Thought his hard work and effort (story on Basketball Insiders this week) would be noticed. Hope he catches on and is successful except when he plays us.