Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

We're not. I'm sure we called but teams are offering players of higher value.

I'm not sure we made a formal offer. I think we're waiting until a later round of negotiation in order to avoid driving up the price on ourselves.

The best offer right now is phoenix offering Bledsoe. Cleveland is holding out for Jackson to be included along with a salary dump.

we could beat that offer but it's going to include Isaac.

or Gordon. but given the choice I think we pick Isaac to include. but if they demand Gordon I think we'd do that too.

I'm not sure we made a formal offer. I think we're waiting until a later round of negotiation in order to avoid driving up the price on ourselves.

The best offer right now is phoenix offering Bledsoe. Cleveland is holding out for Jackson to be included along with a salary dump.

we could beat that offer but it's going to include Isaac.

or Gordon. but given the choice I think we pick Isaac to include. but if they demand Gordon I think we'd do that too.

I think Minny even has a better offer if Cleveland waits.

I just don't think we do anything simply because our guys just don't have much value.

If the Magic are a legitimate option and the main piece has to be AG or Isaac, surely we agree to it? I actually think I'd prefer to keep Isaac simply because I'm not comfortable giving AG $150 million at this point. Let another team make that decision.

The Magic need a player like Kyrie. The benefits are not just on court either. We've seen what having a star player can do when attracting other players. Kyrie is that guy. I don't see AG or anyone else on this roster being that kind of draw card. Isaac might be but it's far too early for that.

I think Minny even has a better offer if Cleveland waits.

I just don't think we do anything simply because our guys just don't have much value.

I don't think Minnesota has a good offer.

1. why include wiggins? you have wiggins and Teague already. You have Jimmy Butler and towns. you don't need a guy taking over the offense like kyrie. plus you cant do wiggins for kyrie straight up. you're going to have to include cole Aldrich if it's just kyrie or Gorgui Dieng if Cleveland is adding any more salary. not sure that's a positive move.

2. Wiggins is a nice piece. but wiggins becomes a less nice piece once you're signing him to that extension. I think Cleveland would prefer a guy on a rookie contract.

3. wiggins hasn't really shown to be a win now piece yet.

that's why phoenix has the best potential offer. you're giving them a good scoring/defense win now piece in Bledsoe who's locked up to 2/29.5 and a rookie.

If the Magic are a legitimate option and the main piece has to be AG or Isaac, surely we agree to it? I actually think I'd prefer to keep Isaac simply because I'm not comfortable giving AG $150 million at this point. Let another team make that decision.

The Magic need a player like Kyrie. The benefits are not just on court either. We've seen what having a star player can do when attracting other players. Kyrie is that guy. I don't see AG or anyone else on this roster being that kind of draw card. Isaac might be but it's far too early for that.

in the event we're given a choice between ag or Isaac we should absolutely include Isaac.

we'd have two years to build around kyrie. Isaac is a 19-20 or 20-21 bet. Can't afford to wait 3-4 years for him to go from 3-d guy to something more.

That's not bad I think if we stand pat our starting lineup will be Vucevic, Gordon, Simmons, Fournier, and Payton. I think this lineup gives you the most balance offense/defense wise.

Ok, I like that lineup too. It will probably materialize to that since Simmons is hungry for it. I kinda like it:

Vuc

Gordon

Simmons

Fournier

Payton

Biyombo

Speights/Isaac

Hezonja (I still have high hopes for him)/Isaac

Afflalo

Mack

in the event we're given a choice between ag or Isaac we should absolutely include Isaac.

we'd have two years to build around kyrie. Isaac is a 19-20 or 20-21 bet. Can't afford to wait 3-4 years for him to go from 3-d guy to something more.

I think we'd do it if all they asked for is say Vuc/Isaac. Not sure I'd do it with Gordon. I think Gordon will be better long term than Irving. Maybe I'm just being a fanboy here, but Gordon offers a lot more versatility and his DNA is the type of player that could stop say a Golden State or a Boston team that is built to score. From the looks of it, new management is building around Gordon.

I don't think Minnesota has a good offer.

1. why include wiggins? you have wiggins and Teague already. You have Jimmy Butler and towns. you don't need a guy taking over the offense like kyrie. plus you cant do wiggins for kyrie straight up. you're going to have to include cole Aldrich if it's just kyrie or Gorgui Dieng if Cleveland is adding any more salary. not sure that's a positive move.

2. Wiggins is a nice piece. but wiggins becomes a less nice piece once you're signing him to that extension. I think Cleveland would prefer a guy on a rookie contract.

3. wiggins hasn't really shown to be a win now piece yet.

that's why phoenix has the best potential offer. you're giving them a good scoring/defense win now piece in Bledsoe who's locked up to 2/29.5 and a rookie.

Wiggins is a good piece in that he can score. For Cleveland, you can still let LBJ dominate the ball.

For Minny, you get a PG who's a better scorer than Wiggins and a better distributor. I know he's not JKidd but he's better than Wiggins.

For Cleveland, they could wait for Teague to be dealt but that would be drama. Wiggins is at least someone who sticks around who has talent if LBJ does leave.

I do agree Phoenix has that better deal but if Cleveland wants JJ, it may not get done.

As far as us, we have too many guys who still have to prove to the league they are worthy.

We won't get any star player until they do show.

and this is something to remember if we don't make a trade regarding Isaac's expectations.

There have been 1315 rookies/sophmores who have played in the past 10 years and only 40ish "good" players based on whatever metric you want to use. And Good is a pretty broad category. I cant figure out a way to include the brook lopez, kemba walker not amazing but good players but not include really solid players like sophomore year Ronnie Brewer, Terrence Jones, or Tiago splitter.

and out of that list of 40 ish there's about 10 instances of number one picks included and 8-10 players who were older than 23 in their rookie/soph year.

Wiggins is a good piece in that he can score. For Cleveland, you can still let LBJ dominate the ball.

For Minny, you get a PG who's a better scorer than Wiggins and a better distributor. I know he's not JKidd but he's better than Wiggins.

For Cleveland, they could wait for Teague to be dealt but that would be drama. Wiggins is at least someone who sticks around who has talent if LBJ does leave.

I do agree Phoenix has that better deal but if Cleveland wants JJ, it may not get done.

As far as us, we have too many guys who still have to prove to the league they are worthy.

We won't get any star player until they do show.

Minnesota doesn't need a scorer better than wiggins. they have jimmy butler and towns. they need someone who can play off butler.