Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

Crazy, saw on twitter from David Baumann--we're paying Simmons, Mack and Speights less than we paid alone for Green last year.

That's all the proof you need that we had a bad GM but now have some hope.

I know Henny probably would have traded our pick for deangelo and given Bogdonovich like 20million. God I'm glad he's gone

I know Henny probably would have traded our pick for deangelo and given Bogdonovich like 20million. God I'm glad he's gone

Trade AG to free salary to pay Waiters 20 a year for 4 years

Lol... I know the rebuild has been hard on us all, but there's no way this is a 30 win team

How not? We won 29 games last year and only added one 19 year old raw rookie and some bench pieces. Tbh this team isn't deep and has no star power, we aren't absolute bottom of the barrel but this team is no 41 win team. There's no shooting and all these weird puzzle pieces that don't fit haven't gone anywhere. Speights isn't a bad bench player to have but he doesn't get us any closer to the playoffs and doesn't help us tank. We're stuck in the ultimate no man's land, ugh.

• Upvote 1

In last interview I saw, Weltman said they are still looking to add shooting and talking to other teams, so I imagine we are looking at some trades to do that.

How not? We won 29 games last year and only added one 19 year old raw rookie and some bench pieces. Tbh this team isn't deep and has no star power, we aren't absolute bottom of the barrel but this team is no 41 win team. There's no shooting and all these weird puzzle pieces that don't fit haven't gone anywhere. Speights isn't a bad bench player to have but he doesn't get us any closer to the playoffs and doesn't help us tank. We're stuck in the ultimate no man's land, ugh.

Exactly

I think, based on the moves this summer, we're probably approaching a .500 ball club and hoping that AG and eventually Isaac can max out and become great players in the near future. If they do, then we're one or two FA signings/trades away from being competitive in the east (which is still likely 2 years away). I think it's a bit premature to say we're stuck anywhere at this point considering our youth, the new additions, and without having established what this team is capable of

In last interview I saw, Weltman said they are still looking to add shooting and talking to other teams, so I imagine we are looking at some trades to do that.

Theoretically Speights is shooting.

I think, based on the moves this summer, we're probably approaching a .500 ball club and hoping that AG and eventually Isaac can max out and become great players in the near future. If they do, then we're one or two FA signings/trades away from being competitive in the east (which is still likely 2 years away). I think it's a bit premature to say we're stuck anywhere at this point considering our youth, the new additions, and without having established what this team is capable of

I'd be completely shocked if we're a .500 ball club. That would be a huge jump and as much as I like the moves to improve our bench this team still has plenty of issues and obviously lacks a star or even a legit go to scorer.

Definitely. One of the worst GMs we ever had in my opinion.

I'd be completely shocked if we're a .500 ball club. That would be a huge jump and as much as I like the moves to improve our bench this team still has plenty of issues and obviously lacks a star or even a legit go to scorer.

eh, you can win 41 games without a star.

I'm not sure I think we're a 41 win team. We might be. but it kinda depends on how things go. if we start playing Speights-Vuc lineups that's not going to be conducive to wins.

But if we can stick to a cohesive gameplan of playing defense it wouldn't shock me if we won 41. 14/15 Milwaukee won 41 and they didn't have a star (giannis was a 12ppg guy). they just had a really solid rotation.

I said "approaching a .500 ball club", but I do think .500 is a possibility

we were a 19-13 team playing this rotation:

payton-fournier-harris-frye-vucevic which was basically a payton-oladipo-fournier-harris-vucevic lineup because oladipo played starters minutes but had to be our backup point guard as well. we finished games with that second lineup and sprinkled in Nicholson, Gordon, and smith. All 3 played less than 20 mpg.