Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

Eh. I'm not sure there's 18 minutes per night for him depending on what Simmons is in line for

I was gonna put 18-22 but I figured that would start a riot on here so I just said 22. I completely agree. 18-20 could be more likely or even less. Issac is a project and he's not ready physically to take on a huge role. With the way the roster has been shaped up this summer, the minutes are gonna be hard to come by.

Where did I say bench?

I don't think Issac is gonna play big minutes his rookie year. He will play every night but I wouldn't expect more then around 22 minutes. Just the way the roster looks now I don't think our plan is to throw him out there for 35 minutes a night. Which to me is a good thing because I don't think he's ready for that physically or on a skill level.

15-18 sounds right

Robbins on Speights:

"The Magic already have a pair of veteran centers on their roster, Nikola Vucevic and Bismack Biyombo. Adding Speights, even if he signs just a one- or two-year deal, would raise speculation that Orlando will attempt to trade either Vucevic or Biyombo. There would not be enough minutes at center for all three of them if the Magic only play one big man at a time."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-sp-magic-marreese-speights-0724-story.html

Yes please

I was gonna put 18-22 but I figured that would start a riot on here so I just said 22. I completely agree. 18-20 could be more likely or even less. Issac is a project and he's not ready physically to take on a huge role. With the way the roster has been shaped up this summer, the minutes are gonna be hard to come by.

I mean let's not just guess this. Let's break it down.

You remove pg and center minutes.

So we have 144 minutes between the other 3 spots.

Fournier and ross have 64 minutes combined

Gordon has 32.

So that's 96 minutes removed. We have 48 minutes left.

What does Simmons get? 20? 32? 15?

How much pf minutes does speights get? 4?

So what's that leave Isaac? And what if Mario beats him out?

Gordon has 32.

Simmons is the biggest variable. Does he fit Vogel's system and play 32 or is he just 15? I don't think anyone really knows the answer to that it's just purely speculation. I lean on the him playing heavy minutes side but I could be wrong. I think he ends up around 28-30.

Speights idk either but I'd assume around 12-15 rotating some C and PF. Mario at PF I still don't remotely agree with. I hope he can be the third option at the 2 and 3 with Issac being the third option at the 3, 4 and maybe even 5 at times.

Simmons is the biggest variable. Does he fit Vogel's system and play 32 or is he just 15? I don't think anyone really knows the answer to that it's just purely speculation. I lean on the him playing heavy minutes side but I could be wrong. I think he ends up around 28-30.

Speights idk either but I'd assume around 12-15 rotating some C and PF. Mario at PF I still don't remotely agree with. I hope he can be the third option at the 2 and 3 with Issac being the third option at the 3, 4 and maybe even 5 at times.

That's a 10 or 11 man rotation. I don't think Vogel is going that deep the vast majority of nights. Someone is getting moved.

That's a 10 or 11 man rotation. I don't think Vogel is going that deep the vast majority of nights. Someone is getting moved.

Yeah I was thinking we would after Simmons but possibly signing Speights too? Someone is definitely getting moved.

Gordon has 32.

Simmons was talking about the large amount of opportunity in Orlando and how he couldn't get the same in San Antonio so I feel like he's going to get significant minutes. Wouldn't be surprised if he takes a little bit from Fournier/Ross

Simmons was talking about the large amount of opportunity in Orlando and how he couldn't get the same in San Antonio so I feel like he's going to get significant minutes. Wouldn't be surprised if he takes a little bit from Fournier/Ross

I agree. I think Simmons might end up leading the team in MPG along with AG