Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

If Weltman has a deal to get rid of Biz he wins GM of the off-season.

More likely scenario is Speights just plays less. I also really don't think Issac is getting many minutes as a rookie.

That would be a shame

Rumor is Speights is signing for vet minimum.

Good deal then- super movable with other players if necessary too.

Robbins on Speights:

"The Magic already have a pair of veteran centers on their roster, Nikola Vucevic and Bismack Biyombo. Adding Speights, even if he signs just a one- or two-year deal, would raise speculation that Orlando will attempt to trade either Vucevic or Biyombo. There would not be enough minutes at center for all three of them if the Magic only play one big man at a time."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-sp-magic-marreese-speights-0724-story.html

Seriously you think we are going to bench mostly our #6 pick ala Mario? Wow is all I got. Yeah we are SO good!!

Where did I say bench?

I don't think Issac is gonna play big minutes his rookie year. He will play every night but I wouldn't expect more then around 22 minutes. Just the way the roster looks now I don't think our plan is to throw him out there for 35 minutes a night. Which to me is a good thing because I don't think he's ready for that physically or on a skill level.

Mo is a 12-15 mpg guy that can come in and score some points. That's it. He's a career 8 point 4 board player. He's not replacing Vuch in any way shape or form.

If you're happy with this signing because you think it means Vuch is getting traded because of it--you're gonna be disappointed.

If you're happy with this signing because it's an established veteran whose won a title and can shoot the ball from deep and will provide solid front court depth--you're gonna be happy.

If only we had a guy making 17 million dollars that could play 30 minutes a night

Where did I say bench?

I don't think Issac is gonna play big minutes his rookie year. He will play every night but I wouldn't expect more then around 22 minutes. Just the way the roster looks now I don't think our plan is to throw him out there for 35 minutes a night. Which to me is a good thing because I don't think he's ready for that physically or on a skill level.

Eh. I'm not sure there's 18 minutes per night for him depending on what Simmons is in line for