Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

Speights reportedly on the verge of signing a deal with us. He did go to UF, so I'm sure he has family nearby, which could play a role. Just don't see why he agrees to come here unless we have a trade being made.

I love it if Vuc is on his way out.

Don't think bringing in a guy like Speights has any correlation towards trading Vuch.

He's just a 12-15 minute a night backup 4 or 5. Nothing more.

Don't think bringing in a guy like Speights has any correlation towards trading Vuch.

He's just a 12-15 minute a night backup 4 or 5. Nothing more.

Yeah, I don't see anybody clamoring for a slow offensive center.

Also, I like Speights. Should fit in nicely. Rememeber when he was a Gator? Damn I'm getting old.

Yeah, I don't see anybody clamoring for a slow offensive center.

Also, I like Speights. Should fit in nicely. Rememeber when he was a Gator? Damn I'm getting old.

He's good bench depth. 37% from 3 last year and 38% the year before. I think he eats into Biz's minutes more than Vuch.

Simmons/Mack/Speights

Really nice overhauls for our bench.

The cap didn't rise nearly as much as was projected this offseason. It makes almost all of last year's signings awful across the NBA.

Understood but this was expected at the very beginning of the big cap rise by many. It was unsustainable, and it's not like there wasn't a relatively recent history of the cap going down either. Many people bought into it but in the words of Otis it was fools gold.

I love it if Vuc is on his way out.

Speights comes nowhere near replacing what Nik does on the floor, there would have to be someone else. We can't run a team with Biyombo and Speights at the Center position.

Payton/Mack/Augustin

Fournier/Simmons

Ross/Isaac/Hezonja

Gordon/Speights

Vucevic/Biyombo

Except in today's NBA I don't think Mo is a 4. Hezonja will never see the court with this rotation.

I don't think Ross is starting. Maybe if everyone else sucks, but then we have bigger problems.

Speights comes nowhere near replacing what Nik does on the floor, there would have to be someone else. We can't run a team with Biyombo and Speights at the Center position.

I think he can shoot long twos and suck at defense just fine