Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

I also have given up on Mario and would include him in a trade for a pack of gum. We are wasting our time with him. We should trade him before he plays any more games and brings his value down even more.

Mario still is a very good player who has not had a proper offseason training with the team. He had to learn and adjust his game several times to different coaching staff game techniques and plays. This is the year for him to adjust properly and work on his jumpshot.

I am still high on him. But I will trade him for Brown in a heartbeat.

Yes, i was very high on those two second round picks. This are the picks you want to use on players you want to develop or young international players.

We currently dont have any young interesting international player playing overseas that we can follow. Philadelphia and Boston have a few good ones.

Come on we still have Fran Vazquez.

Yes, i was very high on those two second round picks. This are the picks you want to use on players you want to develop or young international players.

We currently dont have any young interesting international player playing overseas that we can follow. Philadelphia and Boston have a few good ones.

Does Orlando still have the rights to that Timma guy playing overseas?

Mario still is a very good player who has not had a proper offseason training with the team. He had to learn and adjust his game several times to different coaching staff game techniques and plays. This is the year for him to adjust properly and work on his jumpshot.

I am still high on him. But I will trade him for Brown in a heartbeat.

I'm not sure I would say Mario is a very good player. He's still a good prospect maybe, (I'm not sure how he's viewed in front offices around the league) but we can't really say he's a very good player at this point. I haven't given up all hope on him yet because his rookie year showed some promise.

But this is obviously a huge off-season for him because he has to show something next season. I hope he gets some consistent minutes to start the year.

Yea, you're probably right. But never know. The weird thing with a trade for Brown (which I'm assuming would revolve around Vuch) is how the salaries would match-up. I'd be fine taking a bad contract back in a deal for Brown but I think there would have to be a third team involved.

Would you guys give up Mario in a deal for Brown?

I've been playing around with the Bulls as the 3rd team in that deal but I can't really make it work great. The idea was that we'd get Robin Lopez (similar contract to Vuc but fits what were trying to do better) and the Bulls would take on some salary to enable the deal to work (DJ Augustin and Marcus Morris) in exchange for the pick we got in the draft this year.

Here's the best I can do:

Bulls recieve:

Morris

Augustin

Rozier

Magic 1st from the pick 25 trade

Magic receive:

Lopez

Jaylen Brown

Celtics recieve:

Vucevic

Hezonja

Alternatively you can take Brown and Hezonja out of the deal and it still works but then we'd need more from the Celtics in terms of assets.

I've been playing around with the Bulls as the 3rd team in that deal but I can't really make it work great. The idea was that we'd get Robin Lopez (similar contract to Vuc but fits what were trying to do better) and the Bulls would take on some salary to enable the deal to work (DJ Augustin and Marcus Morris) in exchange for the pick we got in the draft this year.

Here's the best I can do:

Bulls recieve:

Morris

Augustin

Rozier

Magic 1st from the pick 25 trade

Magic receive:

Lopez

Jaylen Brown

Celtics recieve:

Vucevic

Hezonja

Alternatively you can take Brown and Hezonja out of the deal and it still works but then we'd need more from the Celtics in terms of assets.

No for the Bulls, how many guards do you want them to have? Don't see it... besides, I really don't know how high Ainge is valuing Mario.

No for the Bulls, how many guards do you want them to have? Don't see it... besides, I really don't know how high Ainge is valuing Mario.

I don't really think it matters how many guards they're going to have they're going to suck. You can easily replace Rozier with Jordan Mickey.

I think the real problem with the deal is Ainge could probably deal directly with the Bulls for Lopez and cut us out and give up a lot less.

I don't really think it matters how many guards they're going to have they're going to suck. You can easily replace Rozier with Jordan Mickey.

I think the real problem with the deal is Ainge could probably deal directly with the Bulls for Lopez and cut us out and give up a lot less.

I'm just saying that your proposed trade would not attract the Bulls to make it. Don't know about Lopez, is he not slow footed... I would imagine the C's play at a higher pace.

I'm just saying that your proposed trade would not attract the Bulls to make it. Don't know about Lopez, is he not slow footed... I would imagine the C's play at a higher pace.

The Bulls get a prospect (Rozier or Mickey) a pick from us and a tradeable asset in Morris for Lopez and the salary of Augustin in his 3rd year.

Watson has to be waived by 11:59pm tonight. We'll either be waiving or trading him. At least we'll have a transaction of some sorts today.

Still hoping for a DJ trade.

Watson has to be waived by 11:59pm tonight. We'll either be waiving or trading him. At least we'll have a transaction of some sorts today.

Still hoping for a DJ trade.

I thought he was already officially waived yesterday?