Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

Biyombo was not brought to hit jumpshots, whats your point?

Well he was brought here to catch the ball off a screen rolling to the basket and be able to dunk the ball--issue is he can't catch a pass.

We're not like those three at all. Orlando is no LA but we're pretty well known, well visited, and very diversified.

We've shown before we can sign FA's we just gotta stop sucking. First step is trades and draft. You don't trade for a slightly above average guard that's locked in an horrible contract. That doesn't attract FA's.

To answer your edit, Henny was given an order to make win now moves.

the best thing about this offseason is it seems we're not playoffs or bust anymore.

we're in "make moves that make sense and see what happens when the season starts" mode. That's good.

the best thing about this offseason is it seems we're not playoffs or bust anymore.

we're in "make moves that make sense and see what happens when the season starts" mode. That's good.

I agree. That's where we went wrong in Frank's first year.

We see what's out there, see if it makes sense, and then pull the trigger.

Thank god. I was legitimately concerned we were gonna make dumb moves just to say we made the playoffs. Thankfully, that has not been the case.

Agree with this assessment and logic

Well he was brought here to catch the ball off a screen rolling to the basket and be able to dunk the ball--issue is he can't catch a pass.

We haven't really put him in a position to take advantage of his strengths. We keep passing him the ball at the top of the key and posting him up like he's vucevic. Then you play him with Augustin who isn't a pick and roll point guard anymore. Or you play him with Payton and guys drop under screens which kills his role.

He was a very successful big man in Toronto, playing with a pick and roll point guard, in an offense that was almost entirely putbacks, dump offs at the rim off guard drives, and lobs. Why are we asking him to be the facilitating motion for the offense?

Thank god. I was legitimately concerned we were gonna make dumb moves just to say we made the playoffs. Thankfully, that has not been the case.

and I keep getting in the mode where I want the magic to start going after specific guys.

then I see what those guys end up signing for and it's a terrible cap killing deal.

So.... is this still the 5th rebuild or are we now on the 6th?

Build 1 up to Shaq and Penny

Build 2 up to Penny, Nick, Ike Austin

Build 3 up to T'Mac and Hill

Build 4 up to D12, Lewis, Hedo .. etc...

Build 5 up to Rob firing, Ibaka, Biyombo?

Build 6 starts with New GM, pres, and Isaac.

Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account

@wojespn

The Boston Celtics are finalizing a trade to send Avery Bradley to Detroit, league sources tell ESPN.

To answer your edit, Henny was given an order to make win now moves.

You're still missing my point. We had the ability to sign two max free agents last summer and were unble to sign any. Orlando is a laughing stock amongst players these days and it is going to take years to recover.

The Boston Celtics are finalizing a trade to send Avery Bradley to Detroit, league sources tell ESPN.

The Pistons are sending Marcus Morris to Boston in the deal, league source tells ESPN. Lakers, Clippers were prominent in talks until end. https://t.co/hd01uMoEO7