Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

We fired our failed GM and hired respected veteran guys

The Knicks are making a decision like this without even having a FO in place. Also, that Noah deal is way worse than anything we have.

And hardaway is worse

Marginally worse. I would take Hardaway over Biz. Again, at least Hardaway can catch a pass. We paid 70 mil for a guy that has stone hands.

We fired our failed GM and hired respected veteran guys

The Knicks are making a decision like this without even having a FO in place. Also, that Noah deal is way worse than anything we have.

The Noah deal I 100% agree with. Awful.

The plan would be to draft well and look for players that are still relatively young and have upside. Hoping to attract a top free agent to Orlando in 2019 is totally wishful thinking, in my opinion.

Tyler Johnson is older than Fournier and only a year younger than ross and worse than both.

Can I actually put money on that? It's like stealing. If it was 30 I'd have a much harder time deciding, but 40? There is no way we win 40 next season unless they pull major roster changes out of a hat.

Every year we look at our collection of crappy young players and think they will somehow be much better next year. The players involved change, from Harris, Dipo, Harkless, and other former "young guns", to Payton, Gordon, Hezonja and whoever else we have who's young, but the assumption that somehow our lead will become gold reoccurs every summer.

The reality is that this team is in big trouble. We are terrible and even those who are optimistic about our future are talking at least 3 more years before we can even resemble a decent team. This was always the huge risk of the Hennigan strategy of making us terrible so we could become great. He succeeded in the first part only; and there is no easy way out of the resulting mess.

Offshore books.

Tyler Johnson is older than Fournier and only a year younger than ross and worse than both.

Fine. Point remains. I believe we need to build via the draft and trades, not free agency.

Marginally worse. I would take Hardaway over Biz. Again, at least Hardaway can catch a pass. We paid 70 mil for a guy that has stone hands.

We paid market rate for a center. That was the price for centers last year.

The going rate for ok starting shooting guards was somewhere in the 4/50 range. Waiters got 4/52. Ingles got 4/52. Snell got 4/46

Hardaway got 4/71

We paid market rate for a center. That was the price for centers last year.

The going rate for ok starting shooting guards was somewhere in the 4/50 range. Waiters got 4/52. Ingles got 4/52. Snell got 4/46

Hardaway got 4/71

I'm not denying it's a terrible deal--it is. I just think Biz is nearly as awful. This is another deal that makes me like fournier's contract more though. I just wish we could get Biz off the books.

Anyone watch this karnowski guy in summer league? Thoughts?

I think it'd benefit him to shed about 30 lbs and get more muscular so he can be more agile. The skill is there it's just his condition wouldn't help him in today's league. He's slow running up and down the court. He'd be more dominant at 7'0" 270 lbs instead of the 300 lbs he weighs at the moment. He reminds me of that center that was traded from Denver to Portland a bit.